shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon dust, please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Well, I am not sure what is going to happen with FI''s family helping with the honeymoon. Let''s just say prospects are not looking great right now. Also, it looks like we can''t afford Cancun anymore either. So could I request some happy honeymoon dust please? We still have a few options to go through..but I am just so frustrated right now and I feel guilty for being frustrated since I''m lucky to have any kind of honeymoon in this economy.
7.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Sending happy honeymoon dust your way :) GL

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Tons of honeymoon dust! Don''t feel bad, of course you''d be frustrated. It will all work out.
Here''s to wishing you the best honeymoon and that everything falls into place shortly!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say thank you! It means a lot to me.
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust Sarah!! I know you''ll find something. There are some really great deals out there. Have you checked out Travelzoo.com and Shermanstravel.com ?? I get weekly emails and they have some great rates.

Surprisingly, the Honeymoon has been our most frustrating decision of the entire wedding. Who knew!
33.gif

Cass

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure where you live, but JetBlue has some great vacation packages if you live in a city that they service. Fiance and I went to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic last year and it was AWESOME! We stayed at the Grand Oasis Marien, an all inclusive hotel, and I can not say enough good things about the people there, the hotel, everything was amazing. The whole trip cost (air fare and hotel, food and drinks) $1600- for two people! From previous searches on their site, it seems as long as you book your vacation 2-3 months in advance (no more and no less) it ends up costing $1600-2100 bucks. You really can''t beat it and I look forward to going there (again!) on my honeymoon :)

Cass

Rough_Rock
Oh! And lots of honeymoon dust to you! Good luck.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Tons of luck and dust, Sarah! You know that we will help you find something fantastic and help you make the best out of whatever happens!
36.gif
36.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that your honeymoon plans aren''t working out like you''d hoped. I can understand your frustration!

Tons of happy, sunny honeymoon dust to you!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Awww, I totally know how you feel. We had to give up going to Europe and do something in the US instead. Happy honeymoon dust to you!! You''ll find something amazing you can do for less money. And remember, you''ll have the rest of your lives together to take amazing vacations! Just plan it for your one year anniversary or something
1.gif

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
when is your honeymoon? i get a zillion travel related emails & i''ll let you know if i see something!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I thought this was a request for dust for awesome honeymoon nookie....
but this is more serious.

**AWESOME HONEYMOON LOCATION DUST, and for good measure, no matter the location, AWESOME HONEYMOON NOOKIE WITH YOUR FUTURE DEAR HUSBAND!**

36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending tons and tons of dust!! I hope that you and your FI will get away for your honeymoon!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Aww...tons of honeymoon dust headed your way - you deserve a lovely honeymoon after all of your hard work!

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
*~~*DUST*~~*

Don''t feel bad, everything will work out in the end.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots and lots of luck. Hope things work out *hug*

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Omg guys thank you all again so much! As for the travel help offers, yes please let me know if you see any great deals or flights from DC to Hawaii! No more details on the fam helping, but I think they really do want to help with at least the flight which if they could cover the flight we could cover the rest I believe. The added cost of the flight was killing our budget since it''s all the way from the East Coast!
14.gif
So if you see any great deals for Hawaii or anywhere else neat looking please feel free to pass it along!
1.gif
We were thinking about talking to a travel agent or joining AAA for more discount options as well...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:04:59 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Omg guys thank you all again so much! As for the travel help offers, yes please let me know if you see any great deals or flights from DC to Hawaii! No more details on the fam helping, but I think they really do want to help with at least the flight which if they could cover the flight we could cover the rest I believe. The added cost of the flight was killing our budget since it's all the way from the East Coast!
14.gif
So if you see any great deals for Hawaii or anywhere else neat looking please feel free to pass it along!
1.gif
We were thinking about talking to a travel agent or joining AAA for more discount options as well...
Sarah, did you see my post about Shermanstravel.com and Travelzoo.com ?

They have some great packages, and actually send out/update their newest finds every Tuesday. I don't think I've seen many to Hawaii, but with their prices can be extremely low.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
What dates?

And you may want to skip Hawaii. If you can get there cheap, it''s still very expensive to do anything. Everything has to be imported, so it raises the price. Are you still interested in Cancun? What about Puerto Vallerta or Cabo San Lucas?

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
I checked the BIW list! I don't know if those are in your budget, but the prices aren't bad & the hotels are both on the beach! On expedia when I searched from 6/21 - 6/27:

The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun - $650 per person
Located on the widest stretch of beach in Cancun, The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun features sea and lagoon views and is 7 km (4.5 mi) from shopping and dining at ... More lodging info

--OR--

Los Tules Resort, Puerto Vallerta - $650 per person
Formerly a coconut plantation, this relaxed resort is located along a 1-km (half-mile) beachfront dotted with thatched-roof palapas, less than 4 km (2 ... More lodging info

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results