shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon - convincing Mr Honey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ok ladies, I need your best work here!!!

We are a bit tight on the old budget, and it doesn''t look like we will be able to swing a honeymoon. We may have money closer towards the wedding, but we can''t book anything just yet until we see how much we get for overtime, my bonus etc.

Well, I have my hearts set on Hayman Island, I have been there before, it''s stunning and we said we would love to go back for our honeymoon.

Problem is, it''s $600 per night + around $1000 in transfers and breakfast''s. Bummer!

BUT!! Today I was searching the internet and came up with a very obscure link to special last minute rates. I called them to confirm and it''s less than $400 per night, transfers and breaky included!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
We might just be able to wing it after all. We will drive from our destination wedding to Airlie Beach, catch up with my Aunty and Uncle and take the launch to the island for our dream honeymoon.

I just need reasons to convince Mr Honey that I NEED A HONEYMOON!!!!

Here is the linky if you are interested. Warning! Make make you desire a tropical holiday!!! We would stay in the retreat rooms, they are more private
3.gif

http://www.hayman.com.au/index.php

Cynd33

Rough_Rock
Hi Honey,

I feel your pain... we originally wanted to do Italy for the honeymoon but given the Aussie dollar and uncertainty with job security it just doesn''t make sense to book something so expensive.

I think that you should paint a practical picture to Mr Honey and explain to him that having the biggest day of your lives together will require some time to celebrate – ALONE. Imagine having the wedding and then going back to work on Monday?? Even if it’s a shorter honeymoon and less extravagant I still think it’s a good idea to go away as husband and wife for the first time
41.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Well, we took our "official" honeymoon about 3 months after our wedding, but my MIL convinced us to go on a shorter "minimoon" right after the wedding. I have to say, BEST DECISION EVER.

I don''t really know how to accurately described it, but that time right after you get married is so special. Our minimoon was amazing - I don''t think I''ve ever been that relaxed and happy in my entire life. I think that you will absolutely not regret it if you take advantage of this opportunity to have a honeymoon - its a time in your life you can never get back, and it is really special.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I think you give him the final price breakdown--at this rate you are saving $1000 if you stay 5 nights! I also love the idea of a minimoon. That is what we are doing, too. We are taking a few days for ourselves after the wedding to explore Ecuador. But, for our first anni, we are doing a full trip. It lets us book it with our wedding money (even though we are being clear about not wanting gifts, we know we will still get some) without having to do a honeymoon registry and deal with all the etiquette involved, too.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:13:00 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Well, we took our ''official'' honeymoon about 3 months after our wedding, but my MIL convinced us to go on a shorter ''minimoon'' right after the wedding. I have to say, BEST DECISION EVER.

I don''t really know how to accurately described it, but that time right after you get married is so special. Our minimoon was amazing - I don''t think I''ve ever been that relaxed and happy in my entire life. I think that you will absolutely not regret it if you take advantage of this opportunity to have a honeymoon - its a time in your life you can never get back, and it is really special.
I wish we would have done this!! The full-blown honeymoon was really too much for me (I could not mentally relax the whole time - I wanted to get back home and start living our life as a married couple - PLUS we were plum exhausted from the wedding).

The perfect scenario would have been to go somewhere just for a few days and have that time together and then do the real honeymoon later, when we had a minute to breathe and wanted to get away.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh Honey! You have this in the bag. Sounds good to me ... Just let Mr. Honey know how you feel and let him play with the numbers ... I have no doubt that you guys will be able to make it happen! Yay!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I bet that once he sees this lower price he be more likely to agree to the honeymoon. It seems that since you are postponing the wedding for 12 weeks to start the financial strain will be less. You can also remind him of how good you were about changing the wedding date around and finding a way to make it work.
1.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Good news girls!! I think I may have convinced him!!
11.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Took a healthy dose of my charm
2.gif
but I explained to him to full cost if we booked now which would be outrageous!!!!

Full price 5 nights $ 4000

discounted price $ 1860!!!!! We could even do 7 nights for $ 2600! Which is a crazy special.

I said to him last night, that I was thinking we could decide just after the wedding if we wanted to drive down the coast, visit my relos and then pop over for a few nights at least. And he said that sounded great if we had the money!!!! Yay, I think it''s in the bag!!! This way, we don''t have to book something and find out we are short in the budget, and we can be flexible and just fly home when we want.

I seriously can''t wait now!! Looks like I might get the honeymoon I have been dreaming of.

If you have never been to Hayman before it''s AWESOME!!! 5 star luxury. Great big king size beds, fluffy robes, dreamy beaches - they even serve you cocktails in the pool and by the beach front. The breakies are incredible. It''s truly paradise. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, they call you Maam and Sir, and go out of their way to give you great service. Did I mention the day spa? Snorkelling?

I am even more motivated to get into shape now, I have to buy new bathers!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I knew that you could do it, Honey!
36.gif
Yay! I''m so excited for you!!
You guys will have a marvellous time in the lap of luxury! ... Well deserved relaxation time, might I add given how stressful this wedding planning thing is turning out to be.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds so wonderful and at a great (er) price
26.gif

Would it be OK to post the site for the amazing special? I would love to take my DH to Hayman island one day, but have also had issues with prices. Alas, there is always other stuff to spend money on, so a special would be a great incentive.

enjoy, it sounds fantastic.
d2b

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Honey, your honeymoon sounds absolutely amazing!!! We went to the Hamilton Island for the first time this past Christmas, but when we were going through the travel brochures and saw Hayman Island, we promised ourselves to definitely go there one day!!! And the special you got yourself is unbelievable!! (Already told my DH all about it!)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You NEED that time to bond as husband and wife, and spend some time alone with each other in a very romantic way. If you just rush back to life as usual, it''s not going to feel special. It helps the transition.

We''re not going to have much time for a real honeymoon (I have four children, three of which will be school age in October), so we''re probably going to go away for a couple of nights right after, and come back on Tuesday afternoon.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:18:57 PM
Author: D2B
That sounds so wonderful and at a great (er) price
26.gif

Would it be OK to post the site for the amazing special? I would love to take my DH to Hayman island one day, but have also had issues with prices. Alas, there is always other stuff to spend money on, so a special would be a great incentive.

enjoy, it sounds fantastic.

d2b

I hope I don''t put a mozz on myself and this gets too popular they take it off
40.gif

http://www.whitsunday-tourism.com.au/packages-local.html

The catch is, you have to call these people and book through them. If you contact Hayman direct they won''t even tell you about this package. Last time we went, we booked one of these and tried to extend our stay. When we called reception, we were not going to get the same rate for the extra night, we had to contact the original outlet we booked with and they had to do it. It''s like a secret local thing.

The other catch is, you can only book with 5 days notice. If you plan it carefully (as we have done), you can check availability etc with the resort, plan to visit at a quiet time and take a chance. It''s not a guarantee, but they have times of year they are quiet. Airlie beach is a nice little place to stay anyway, a lot of backpackers, but you can launch to several islands from there. Worst possible case scenario, is you get to Airlie, can''t get the dates you want at Hayman, and you have to pick another island. There will be local specials at other islands too.

Good luck, you will have the time of your life!!!

PS - If you do stay in Airlie Beach, check out Bushvillage Backpackers Resort, my aunty and uncle own the place. It''s fabulous. Very very nice for backpackers, private rooms, ensuites, cabins etc, it''s almost not even a backpackers. We have stayed there before, it''s great and they are super friendly there.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well that would be just wonderful if you could book a deal like that!!! Then you''d get the honeymoon that we all know you deserve!!!!!! Come on!! 10 years, you guys deserve something!
31.gif

I truly hope it will work out for you honey!!!
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:28:38 PM
Author: honey22

discounted price $ 1860!!!!! We could even do 7 nights for $ 2600! Which is a crazy special.

I seriously can''t wait now!! Looks like I might get the honeymoon I have been dreaming of.
(just read this part lol)
OOOOH That is sooo amazing!!! I''m so incredibly excited for you!
36.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
thanks honey22 for your info.

will have a look for later in the year.

My DH really needs a pick me up holiday and to be honest we never had a real honeymoon, so this could be it
26.gif
, better late than never.
36.gif

d2b

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 6:35:46 PM
Author: D2B
thanks honey22 for your info.

will have a look for later in the year.

My DH really needs a pick me up holiday and to be honest we never had a real honeymoon, so this could be it
26.gif
, better late than never.
36.gif

d2b

Great!!! I will keep you updated when we are going there (probably start Dec). Who knows, we may just run into one another!!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 5:54:00 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Well that would be just wonderful if you could book a deal like that!!! Then you'd get the honeymoon that we all know you deserve!!!!!! Come on!! 10 years, you guys deserve something!
31.gif

I truly hope it will work out for you honey!!!
2.gif

Awww shucks! Thankyou
1.gif

And, it will be 13 years by the time we are married, but who's counting hey
2.gif
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad it looks like you''ll be able to convince your hubby to take a honeymoon - Hayman Island looks AMAZING, and I don''t think you will ever regret taking time off together to bond after your wedding
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:28:38 PM
Good news girls!! I think I may have convinced him!!
11.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Took a healthy dose of my charm
2.gif
but I explained to him to full cost if we booked now which would be outrageous!!!!

I said to him last night, that I was thinking we could decide just after the wedding if we wanted to drive down the coast, visit my relos and then pop over for a few nights at least. And he said that sounded great if we had the money!!!! Yay, I think it''s in the bag!!! This way, we don''t have to book something and find out we are short in the budget, and we can be flexible and just fly home when we want.

If you have never been to Hayman before it''s AWESOME!!! 5 star luxury. Great big king size beds, fluffy robes, dreamy beaches - they even serve you cocktails in the pool and by the beach front. The breakies are incredible. It''s truly paradise. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, they call you Maam and Sir, and go out of their way to give you great service. Did I mention the day spa? Snorkelling?

I am even more motivated to get into shape now, I have to buy new bathers!!!
YAAAAAAAAY!! Fantastic news, sweetie! After reading your other thread about having to postpone the wedding a bit, I was going to say you absolutely, positively needed Mr. Honey to get on board with this idea, especially considering the awesome price you can get it for!! Wonderful!! So happy for you both, darlin''!!!
36.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Honey! This is so exciting!
36.gif
36.gif
The resort looks breathtaking, too! You two are going to have a blast!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:48:54 PM
Awww shucks! Thankyou
1.gif

And, it will be 13 years by the time we are married, but who''s counting hey
2.gif
9.gif
Sounds close to my (guess) as to when S and I will have been together by the time we get married (10.5 years together thus far)...that''s why I LOVE reading your posts so much!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results