shape
carat
color
clarity

honeymoon budgeting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sammyjoey

Rough_Rock
if you knew you were trying to stay within a certain budget for a honeymoon, would you choose to go for a shorter honeymoon (6 or so days) and stay at more expensive places and really go all out for those days or go for a longer honeymoon (10 or so days) and cut a few more costs along the way.

basically, are honeymoons more special because of the chance to pamper yourselves and kick off your life together living it up or because of the time you get to spend together regardless?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''d prefer to go all out for a shorter period of time.
we were initially going for 7 nights but ended up with 5. sounds crazy, but we could have even gone for less days. honeymoon was incredible, but we were ready to go home and start our married life.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tough question... my instincts would say to cut costs and stay longer, but only because my family has been "cheapie" that way my entire life. I have never stayed in a hotel that had more than three stars--$250 was the most we ever spent on a one-night stay. So I''ve never experienced real luxury in that category
40.gif
(and have yet to take a vacation on my own dime, so sad). We tended to spend little money on the hotel because we "only slept there" and spent all our time doing other things.

I think a large part of that decision depends on where you''re going, what kind of honeymoon experience you want... i.e. if you want a long break together, find a way to fit your time requirements into the budget. However, if what''s most important to you is the hotel/restaurant/spa experience together, do that for as long as you can--even if it means a shorter honeymoon!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
def cut the trip shorter and go all out! bc you probably won''t do it again...and this is a once in a lifetime!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I just finished making the same decision. We are staying for just a week but going all out. I mean, it''s our honeymoon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results