shape
carat
color
clarity

Honest talk about puppy raising...

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We rescued a beagle/pinscher mix ( shelter was just guessing) in August. She was 3 months old. We have been crate training her since she came in the house and is really good with it. We have not given her people food so the begging is not there (yet). She was the same size as our adult rescue cat and they played well. Our cat does not like to play with anyone and does not like to be petted (he just likes to observe happenings ) so this came as a huge surprise. We keep the cat's nails trimmed. He is now smaller than the pup ( she is 16 pounds) and the playing is a bit rougher- hissing and swatting but no scratches. The pup does not bark or growl during play.The pup tries to pin the cat down and lick him. After one of these tumbles, either the cat runs away or the dog leaves to return to her space. But the cat comes around looking for more play. House training is getting better but we try to take her out frequently. She continues to have a few accidents a month-mostly poo. She really does not seem interested in the outside and gets down to pee and poo business quickly and wants to go inside. She is friendly with other dogs as she goes submissive. She starts her first training class next week. She needs it as she only knows how to sit and fetch. She really pulls on the leash.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puppies are so cute BECAUSE the first few months with them are the hardest. If they weren't that cute, no one would put up with it :lol::lol::lol:
It DOES get better. Honestly, once you get the stool issues worked out and pupper can sleep through the night, you'll notice an immediate improvement. I'm glad you and your husband are swapping wake up times, that will help your sleep deprivation! Good luck! I love taking tons of puppy pictures and seeing how they grow. It goes so quick, just like babies!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
@House Cat, what happened to your other thread?? :sick:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I had it deleted.

I did thank you for your response. Your kind words of wisdom meant a lot to me. Thank you again
Awwww, ok. I thought something had gone dreadfully wrong while I was working today. :oops2: I didn't get a chance to see any subsequent postings, so thanks for letting me know. I'll say it again, you did your best and made the right decision.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
<———Issy

I remember thinking when Issy was a baby that I was too old to raise a puppy. Totally exhausting!
This too shall pass : )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results