shape
carat
color
clarity

holymoly I''m ENGAGED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
This all seems like a dream! He proposed last night and I''m still pinching myself! Every time a look at my hand I get a little jolt to the heart. It''s been a whirlwind ever since and I can hardly catch my breath. Lots of celebrating with family - I am seriously running on fumes!

I''m going to apologize in advance because this might get a little lengthy. The proposal was very involved! Skip ahead to pics if you want!

So this is how it all started...

Kohl called me at work yesterday and completely surprised me when he said I had an appointment at my favorite spa after work. He dropped my off at 5:30 for an 80 minute massage. I had my suspicions and told the masseuse that I might be getting engaged that evening, so after the massage she threw in an extra treatment for my hands to make sure they were ring-ready. While my hands are soaking, the receptionist comes in with an ear-to-ear grin and says "When you''re done here, go to the dressing room. There is a surprise waiting for you in fitting room #1"
23.gif
At this point, I''m starting to feel light-headed. I chug the rest of my wine and run to the the dressing rooms with half the staff following me, it was hilarious! So one of them pulls back the curtain to reveal a dress bag from White House Black Market, a bag with all my black shoes in it, and a bag with my strapless black bra and some *ahem* unmentionables (he thought of everything!) There''s a note on the hanger that says "Sweetheart - Choose the one that you like best. The other will go back with the rest. Please be ready at 7:45 - For a romantic dinner at D''Jons" I think I read the note about 3 times before anything sunk in! There were two black cocktail dresses in the bag and I''m about to start trying them on (as I only had about 30 minutes to get ready) when one of the girls reminded me that I was covered in oil (including my hair!) and still in my robe! So I rushed into the shower, did my hair, makeup (which he told me to bring with me because we were "supposedly" going to the movies afterward), picked the dress I liked best (loved them both, btw!) and was almost ready in time. I felt like pretty woman! I walked out to the reception area and there he was, looking all dashing! So we get in the car, drive beachside to this 5 star restaurant I had never been too. I live in a pretty small town and this is by far the nicest restaurant we have. I was elated! We walked out to the dock and watched the sunset as we had a few minutes before our reservations. Then we went inside - there was a live Jazz band and a pianist. It was perfect! Food was amazing...yada, yada, yada.

Ok, so then we leave and he tells me there''s another surprise. We start driving through some back roads and all of a sudden I realize we''re driving to this deserted spot on the beach. I have to give a little background info here. When we first started dating, we spent that whole summer at the beach. He taught me how to surf - and as all surfers know not to go to the busy beaches, they go to these little spots in between. So we named this one Super Secret Spot because nobody knew about it. It will forever remind of when we first started dating... acting like a couple of teenagers, holding hands and making out. So when he pulled up to "our spot", I knew it was going to happen. He takes off my shoes, and we walk hand-in-hand towards the shore. He says "I have another surprise" and he pulls out his blackberry and starts playing this Snow Patrol song I''d never heard called Set Down Your Glass. I seriously felt like I was in a movie scene and John Cusack was gonna jump out with a boom box over his head! Here''s the song if you''re interested:

Set Down Your Glass

At this point I''m just hugging him, crying, and when the song ends he drops to one knee and asks me to marry him!!! I think I said yes 15 times!

After all the hugging, kissing, crying, he said we were going to my sister''s house to celebrate with my family. They had cake and cards and we took tons of pictures. It was the perfect end to the best night of my life. And now I''m engaged to my best friend and soul mate!

Whew, that was terribly long. Onto the pics!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet story!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
On the dock before dinner.

IDOCpro1.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah!!!!!!
congrats! :)

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Walking into the restaurant.

IDOCpro3.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
At dinner

IDOCpro4.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
F5! F5!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I had just finished balling so I look terrible here but I had to include it. This is Super Secret Spot, right after the proposal!

IDOCpro5.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Haha - smoochy time at after party. Every time I do this to Kohl, he bats his eyelashes. He''s such a ham! lol

IDOCpro6.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
And last one for the proposal pics! We had yummy cake and got a few cards.

IDOCpro7.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal! Congratulations to you both
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Now onto the RING PICS!!!!!!!!!! I really had to practice today, in between all the festivities. I''m pooped.

Ah yes, stats first:

Square Emerald
1.29 center stone, 1.5 tcw
E Color
18.gif

SI2
VG/VG

IDOCering1.JPG

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
On a tree, I like the texture of the bark.

IDOCering2.JPG

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
On a glass table outside, love the reflection.

IDOCering3.JPG

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Close up. You can really see the windmills here.

IDOCering4.JPG

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Love the lighting here.

IDOCering5.JPG

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Side.

IDOCering7.JPG

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Double prongs
30.gif

IDOCering8.JPG

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
On a fern.

IDOCering9.JPG

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I love this one. It''s on my knee and I''m wearing jeans. At this point my family was watching me from the glass doors, thinking I was nuts.

IDOCering10.JPG

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, there are just so many! Can you tell I was excited that I finally got the hang of taking ring pics? I play the piano so I had to do this one. It''s the last one, I promise! Thanks for looking!

IDOCering11.JPG

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you both!!! What a very cool proposal! And your ring is beautiful!!
36.gif
36.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
aww that''s such an awesome story! tell him (again for the umpteenth time) that he did an amazing job
1.gif

and your ring is gorgeous! and he also did a good job with the black dress, you look soo beautiful.
congratulations again!
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic story and beautiful ring! Congratulations!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you girls so much! I just have to say that your support through the whole waiting process meant so much to me! You all rock!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
IDOC!!!! Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations! I''m so excited for you, soak it all in, and enjoy this time-it''s awesome!
I loved reading your story, and your fiancee Kohl is definitely a very sweet, loving and romantic man! You are a very lucky lady and I am sure he is too!
Your pictures are excellent, you make such a cute couple, and best of all you both look soooooo happy!
The ring is STUNNING too!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
YAAAAAY! Congrats, lady!

What an adorable proposal
1.gif
Love the ring, too!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
EXCITEMENT!!! He did a great job! I don''t know how you relaxed during that massage though -- LOL!! That''s the only hitch in the miraculous awesome proposal of a lifetime.
9.gif

And HOLY MOLY - the ring is GORGE! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oooh i love these pics even more than the SMTR ones
30.gif
yay
36.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results