shape
carat
color
clarity

Holiday Music Thread 2023

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to start the annual Christmas and Holiday Music thread, which has had various names over the years. Holly and I used to do this every year. I remember that during advent she preferred more contemplative music. Dancing Fire often kept it simple and added one single Bing Crosby song ("White Christmas") as his favorite. Missy can be counted on to make sure that "A Perfect Gift" shows up every year. That song is not easy to find and a lot of us discovered it here on Pricescope. I discovered a couple of songs I had not heard before. Although they are certainly not new, they were new to me, so I thought I would start the thread off with them.

"Mistletoe"
Justin Bieber

"Winter Wonderland/Here Comes Santa Claus"
Anna Kendrick and SnoopDogg

Deb/AGBF

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok
regarding this Christmas caper
i'll make you all a deal
come December 1 i will show some enthusium and probably post Bruce Springsteen's santa clause is coming to town
but meanwhile im happy to say i have not yet heard a note of xmas
even the post shop was late getting dedorations up this year, usually its october to coinside with calanders and overseas posting cut offs

but i have heard it and smelt Christmas at my work's bakery and xmas cakes are on sale

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to start the annual Christmas and Holiday Music thread, which has had various names over the years. Holly and I used to do this every year. I remember that during advent she preferred more contemplative music. Dancing Fire often kept it simple and added one single Bing Crosby song ("White Christmas") as his favorite. Missy can be counted on to make sure that "A Perfect Gift" shows up every year. That song is not easy to find and a lot of us discovered it here on Pricescope. I discovered a couple of songs I had not heard before. Although they are certainly not new, they were new to me, so I thought I would start the thread off with them.

"Mistletoe"
Justin Bieber

"Winter Wonderland/Here Comes Santa Claus"
Anna Kendrick and SnoopDogg

Deb/AGBF

ok you win
it was when you mentioned DF

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course I know it's summer in NZ now, but I guess I never thought about having Christmas in the summer....although I did grow up in Florida, but December was still considered it's winter. Thanks for the reminder and the fun video.

some years we do a big xmas dinner on the shortest day
most people would like to experience the white xmas once but would then want summer back on boxing day
for years mum would slave over a hot stove from about 6am but we would always have new potatoes ( a big thing where im from) and new peas, id be shelling outside on the porch steps, my dad liked new baby white turnips, the start of the home grown tomatoes so plenty of salad
some years were so hot, no aircon in those days, we always ate the ham cold
mum would have made the xmas pudding (hanging above the laundry sink) and the xmas cake weeks before, but we would have tons of strawberries and stone fruit, and of course pavalova
just like thanksgiving we would eat that turkey for days but left overs were always yum the next day
as ive got older i hate the heat now, so i do a small turkey roll with one lot of leftovers ! or steak but then you have to have something planned for tea (dinner)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry I meant to type RIP not YIP.

I also love Dido's Christmas Day.

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard the story behind “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day” just recently. I hadn’t realized that it was based on a poem written by Henry Wadswoth Longfellow. Here are two versions - the traditional version, and a new rendition that includes a snippet of the background story.

Traditional:

New version, with background:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock

Not sure if link works. This is from the second Philly Special Christmas album from my beloved Philadelphia Eagles. These boys can sing!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In honor of this first night of Hanukkah

DREIDELDREIDELDREIDEL.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And of course as @AGBF pointed out

This one's for you Deb my sweet friend

I found this song a very long time ago when a dear friend gave us a holiday CD and this song was on it... and then I shared it with PS because I love this song

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops I posted another song meant for this thread but unfortunately multi tasking and posted in Monnie’s thread. Sorry @monarch64 I reported the post.

In the meantime

One of my favorite holiday songs of all time

Joni Mitchell's is my very favorite version

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone who has Sirius XM and enjoys classical holiday music might want to check out channel 622. It’s not pop music, nor is it Boston Pops-style music (which is apparently what the name refers to). Instead it’s a very nicely curated collection of Christmas music in the classical vein, including a lot of choral pieces. Sublime!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard the story behind “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day” just recently. I hadn’t realized that it was based on a poem written by Henry Wadswoth Longfellow. Here are two versions - the traditional version, and a new rendition that includes a snippet of the background story.

Traditional:

New version, with background:

Both versions of this song were really beautiful, @VRBeauty. Thank you so much for sharing them here.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results