shape
carat
color
clarity

Holiday Decoration Withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone decorate for the little holidays too? My husband thinks I''m nuts for buying red lights for the windows for valentines
emlove.gif
day and a really cute red beaded heart shaped wreath for the door. hehe...little does he know that i don''t intend to just put up lights and a wreath, but pull out my V-day vases and candy dishes....as well as some red blown glass decor...Hahahahahahaaaa...
emotion-14.gif
..I think I''m having holiday decoration withdrawal. My house seems so empty now that I''ve taken down my christmas stuff. Anyone else crazy like me and actually miss the decorations?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes our house seems sooo naked without holiday decor!! our style is fairly minimalist for the most part but i love the ''cozy clutter'' of holiday decorations...and some of the stuff i have totally goes against my typical decor style (the yearly trademark hallmark snowman and singing trio stuff that is on sale every year...yep i have a few of those...christmas hello kitty stuffed animal? got one ofthose too!) so it''s kind of fun to be kitschy during the season. i have a bunch of halloween decor but i typically don''t decorate for other holidays as i just end up forgetting to do it then taking it down etc. but having the bare house right now makes me seriously itch for buying some new decor stuff for more ''filler''...crate and barrel here i come!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually adore holiday decor and I do feel a little depressed when it all gets put away...it''s so bright and light and cheery and widespread that it is like a buoyant feeling every time you see Christmas lights and decorations....and the world is so much more drab for it once it''s over!!!!

I''m right with ya on the Valentine''s decor...of course, my favorite color is red and most of my apt is accented with that color anyway.
5.gif
Love the heart wreath idea...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to, not as much as I get older (maybe cuz I put less up!). What I did do this year, is decorate my mantel with garland, white twinkle lights, pine cones and glittery white pillar candles. I'm leaving them up through the end of Feb., as it just looks wintery, not really xmasy, but it's still festive.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Mara: I LOVE to decorate for fall...i do halloween, but try to keep it fallish so that i can leave stuff around for thanksgiving.
I am going to fortunoff and the great indoors on wednesday for some home decor...i''ll let ya know if i see anything great...last time i was in fortunoff i spent $50.00 on glass pumpkins....my husband justshook his head...lol....i wonder what holiday fun i''ll find there

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh, that''s why I haven''t allowed my fiance to take down our tree yet! Maybe by MLK day!
35.gif
It''s simply decorated, 6 footer with sparkling white lights and nothing else, but I feel so HAPPY with it here. Thank goodness others feel this way, I thought I was being loopy. I just love the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results