shape
carat
color
clarity

~*HOLIDAY COUNTDOWN*~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

*RubyRN*

Shiny_Rock
For those of us hoping for a Holiday Proposal, here are the numbers:

** 28 days until Thanksgiving!!!
face1.gif

** 61 days until Christmas!!!
9.gif

** 67 days until New Years!!!
face23.gif

I''m really hoping to be engaged before 2008- even if it''s on 12/31/07@ 23:59:59
31.gif

Anybody else hoping for a holiday proposal?
((fairy dust!!!!!!!))
36.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not necessarily looking for a holiday proposal per se. In fact, I once told my BF that I wouldn’t want him to pop the question on a holiday because A) I have reservations about associating a holiday with my engagement and B) I really want our engagement day to be random and unique. Halloween is my favorite of all the holidays so if he was going to pick a holiday, I’d hope for that to be it.

I just hope it is before the end of 2007 BUT 3.5 days into my sweetie’s sabbatical and my self-proclaimed 35 Days of Hope, I’m already backing off the thought and can not see myself ever maintaining hope for 67 days. At this point, after my horrific Christmas holiday last year, I’m quite afraid to feel that disappointment again.

I am undecided if it is good that I am unable to dedicate much energy to hoping or sad.

BUT I certainly hope I see many of the other ladies on this board realizing their dream proposals over the next few months. It should be an exciting time for the board and I love seeing all your rings and reading all the stories so I'm looking forward to reading a lot of great posts over the next 67 days
36.gif

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Woo hoo, 28 days until Thanksgiving! BF''s parents are flying across the country to spend Thanksgiving here with us and will be meeting my family then. The weekend before is our 3 year anniversary, and he has a surprise trip planned. The weekend before that, we are going out of town for his birthday. EVERYONE is convinced we will get engaged on one of the two planned trips, and when our parents meet they willl be celebrating our engagement. I know he has ordered the ring and may even have it. So, I''m pretty sure I officially have between 2-4 weeks of waiting left!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keeping everything crossed for you girls!!

*RubyRN*

Shiny_Rock
KTF- what happened last Christmas? (not to pry) I hope that you get what you''re looking for during your *35 days of hope*
2.gif

Cali- Lucky you!! Sounds like your wait is almost over! Keep us posted
36.gif

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
and... 15 days til my B-day. A holiday in my own mind! haha I don''t seeing happening then, but I''m also hoping for sometime before 07 ends! Good luck everyone!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well I was promised a 2007 proposal so I have no more than 67 days of being a LIW left!
36.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 4:12:59 PM
Author: *RubyRN*
KTF- what happened last Christmas? (not to pry)
Ruby: This is a long post so I hope you can stick it out. (And sorry to threadjack ladies).

Last Christmas was our first in our new home. I very much believed my BF was going to propose (he said many things about starting our lives together but the one comment that stands out the most in my mind was “you will be changing your name soon”). When he insisted that we have both our families over for Christmas dinner, I was even more convinced. Christmas morning I woke up and hit the ground running. I truly believed this was the big day. As the day wore on (and wore me down with it – someone should forewarn you that holiday dinner is complicated and exhausting and not at all like Martha Stewart makes it look) nothing happened.

I thought perhaps he was waiting until some of the hubbub passed to ask me. Once our house was emptied of family it filled right back up with friends. I should mention I had already started to enjoy the multiple bottles of champagne we had in the house. I was already feeling slightly let down but the champagne bubbles were going to my head rather quickly and I was still clinging to the thread of hope that this was still going to be the day. Then it happened. I noticed a shiny thing across the room. Only instead of it being in a box for me, it was on the hand of a woman one of my friends had been dating for about 4 months. Next thing you know, they were announcing their engagement.

I was cordial and nice and proper but inside I was boiling over with every possible emotion a person could possibly have. It felt like the entire world had turned it’s back on me (you should also understand that I had been dealing with a terrible family crisis for 3 months that had taken an emotional gouge out of me as well as the stress of closing on our home, the pressure to have the house set and ready in three weeks time. I was strung out, over-tired, over-worked and intoxicated to boot). Although I felt awful, I never once shut myself up to cry or any of that childish behavior. When friends pulled me aside discretely to express their shock and said things like “We thought for sure it was going to be you” I somehow managed to keep it together though I still don’t know how.

So that’s why I try not to hope too much…because once you’ve had a day like that, you never want to risk it happening again. Ever.

*RubyRN*

Shiny_Rock
KTF- the worst part about your story is that when something like that happens, you hold it together and finally start to think "OK, I can handle this, it''s not that bad" and that''s always the exact moment somebody makes the "We were sure it would be you!" comment. So much for keeping it together
40.gif

If it makes you feel any better, last Christmas was also our first Christmas living together. I didn''t necessarily have any engagement expectations other than the always lingering "maybe it''ll happen this holiday/birthday/anniversary/etc." thought. UNTIL Christmas Eve when my BF was antsy and said that he thought we should exchange presents early. That is VERY unlike him. So, my heart started fluttering and I thought "this is it". He handed me a small gift, definitely ring-box sized. I took the paper off and saw that it surely was a box from a local jeweler. I think I even paused and gave him a look that said "I can''t believe this is finally happening!". Finally I opened the box
6.gif
and found a necklace
39.gif
. A very pretty necklace... however, I couldn''t hide my disappointment. Poor BF still thinks to this day that I hate that necklace (even though I wear it a lot) because of the look on my face. What a BUMMER
15.gif

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Only * 205 * days until I graduate and get my bachelor''s degree in Business & Organizational Management!

FF says we''ll "hopefully" be engaged before then.... 205 days sounds so far away
39.gif

dps777

Shiny_Rock
This is a very timely post as FF just told me that the upcoming Veteran''s Day weekend (Nov 10-12) is going to be a special weekend! I guess that pretty much wipes out any last element of surprise in this, but we have been communicating throughout this whole process so...looks like I am at about a two week countdown!!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
first off...WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO holiday proposal season here we come!!!!

second....IM hoping for a holiday proposal!!!! i got my fingers crossd and my toes and my arms....and my eyes...well sort of...haha

third: I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!!!!

stbfyffe

Shiny_Rock
Yep, KTF, I am in your boat...i thought for sure it would be happening and I saw the outline of a jewellery box in his pants and got all nervous and excited....and it turns out it was a beautiful pair of sapphire and diamond earrings w/ a matching necklace.

I am in Canada so our Thanksgiving came and went so here is hoping to soemtime this year!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results