shape
carat
color
clarity

Holes in Diamonds?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iverbali

Rough_Rock
Hello to all,

A friend told me that all daimonds have a hole in them to allow the diamond to "breath"...is this true?

Thank you in advance for all info
1.gif

Liz

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I have now, officially, heard everything.
rolleyes.gif

Was your friend serious?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my.
rolleyes.gif
Why would the diamond need to breathe? Wait...I've got it...so it doesn't implode?

I'm having a Jessica moment.

Hope your friend was joking!! Or was she trying to sell you a stone with a hole in it? Hee hee.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Now, THIS is the cutest thing I have ever heard!

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
eek.gif

This is just about the strangest thing! Next time, maybe you could ask... why ?
cry.gif

NO idea what this could be about (the statement is waaaay out of this world), but, could this be the story of a clarity enhanced diamond with a laser drill mark (i.e. hole) visible under magnification AFTER the sale
angryfire.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I remember my Mother showing me her e-ring, and telling me there was a hole right down the center of her 'blue-white' half carat diamond. I now come to realize she was speaking of an open culet...but I still don't know what she meant by 'blue-white'.

It was lovely though, fishtail prongs set in platinum, with bead set diamond side stones.

Too bad, I think she pawned it for slots money...*sigh*

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blue white sounds like fluor, maybe?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep. Just found this on thaigem.com.

------

Have you ever heard of a “blue-white” diamond? They are diamonds that possess blue-white fluorescence. Once considered the crème de la crème, styles have now changed, with one of the prevalent beliefs of the diamond trade being that diamonds with fluorescence are less desirable.

Despite this modernist view on this
blue-white effect, fluorescence can actually greatly benefit a diamond. Diamonds with tinted color grades of H to M actually benefit from a moderate amount of fluorescence, as the effect makes the diamond look whiter.

Some people actively admire this fluorescence and appreciate its subtle blue-white effect. Whatever your opinion on the merits of
blue-white fluorescence, many diamonds possess this property and they often represent exceptionally good value.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, thanks Mara...I wonder what the effect would be on a
'd' diamond with VsII rating...since that was what it was.

My Dad slaved long and hard for that ring.

win

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Blue-Whites were all the rage in the '70's!
love.gif
Even if the diamond was a so-so cut, you'd get marvelous flashes of blue light.
10.gif
Dunno why, but they were very sought after.
rolleyes.gif
And then the Fad died, and Blue Flour became a villan!
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results