shape
carat
color
clarity

His Proposal!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I returned to school after 10 years and 2 children and a divorce to find myself in a very different ''world''

One semester, my advisor registered me for 2 classes with the same History Prof. I was very upset. I had heard that he was very difficult and I didn''t want to jump into a difficult class after being out fo school for so long. But I sucked it up and went anyway. I saw him for 2 hours almost everyday for 4 months. I could not believe that this man that I was feeling giddy about was my prof!!! (BTW his class was really hard.. I got an A in one and a B in the other) He is very quiet and reserved and does not talk much with his students. VERY PROFESSIONAL! Other than the occasional nod in the hall, I did not realize that he knew I was alive. Meanwhile, I felt like a idiot, goo goo over someone who looks at me like I am just a fresh out of high school student (I am 30, but I look much younger) Anyway, After about 2 or 3 months after the semester was over, I ran into him a few times in the hall and once he even had a conversation with me.

Well, after 3 months, I still could not get this guy out of my head. So that night I emailed him and asked him to go to coffee with me. We planned it and have been inseperable ever since. Ironically, he had talked about me with his family and friends in the previous months, and had decided there was no way that I would be interested in him...LOL... we almost missed our chance!!! That was about 18 months ago.

2 Months he got another University Job offer out of country. Because of my custody aggrement with my X I cannot leave the area. It was a tramatic time for My History Prof and I... ((I love him sooooo much)) So one day, I print up a copy of a thesis I am writing and leave one in his apartment. (I had the good copy with me) Anyway.... next time I go over, I find my copy and start looking through it. On the back page it says, "I would give this paper an A-, but our future an A++.. would you marry me?" Of course I said YES!!!!!

Hope it was ok to post this for everyone. I love this site and will keep everyone updated with the ring!

30.gif
35.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic story!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!!!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Awwww...that was such a SWEET proposa!! Your "history proferssor" sounds smart and sentimental. Congratulations!!
9.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Such a SWEET story!!!
emtea.gif
emrose.gif
emlips.gif
Thank you for sharing it with us!!

Did he have to leave the country only 2 months after you started daiting ?!? When is he coming back?

Do you know when you will get your ring
27.gif
?

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!

Shay

Shiny_Rock
OH! What a lovely story. Congratulations.
36.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice Mine:

I felt a little giddy myself reading your post..
2.gif

It was from the heart and very sincere..Thank you for sharing..
21.gif

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
A+ story! Congrats!
36.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about that, My spelling etc was wrong.... we dated for about 16 months and 2 months ago he got a job offer, but he chose me.. he said that he realized that it was not where you were, it was who you were there with and he didn''t want to be anywhere without me.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful posts. He is amazing! I am supposed to get the ring after the summer (he is teaching summer session for a little extra moolah) He said he could get me a ring now and have it be an ''ok'' ring or wait until the fall and pick out and get what I want.... My vote was for the fall... but I can''t wait to show it off, cause I have already picked it!!!
LOL
35.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Aaawwww! That''s awesome
30.gif

I''m happy to hear that he chose you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results