shape
carat
color
clarity

Hilton Head Weddings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies-

I''m not engaged yet, but it''s happening soon as my FF already has the ring, etc and so we''ve begun talking about the wedding and doing some preliminary planning. Just for some quick background, we''re from New England, and want a destination wedding. However, we''re concerned that if it''s somewhere too far my FF''s grandmother who is ill may not be able to attend. Thus, we''ve stopped looking at the Carribbean
emsad.gif
and have focused on places closer to home. The Hilton Head area seems like a nice compromise. So anyway, we''re thinking about having our wedding in April 2008 somewhere on Hilton Head Island or at the Daufuskie Island Resort which is a small island off of HH. Has anyone on PS had a wedding in this area? If so, I''d love to hear suggestions on venues, vendors, etc. as well as any other advice you may be able to offer. We''re planning on inviting about 175 people, but think only 125 or so will show up. We''d like to keep costs under 30k. Thanks ladies!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never held an even on Hilton Head, but I''ve been to the island at least once a year for as long as I can remember, and I think it would be LOVELY for a wedding. I have attended a wedding there in Sea Pines, and it was quite nice (and it was probably around the budget you are looking for)

If you look here http://www.lorisuzanne.com/3d-albums.htm
"Megan and Matt"
and go to the 2nd virtual album from the bottom (the one that says "Megan and Matt," you can look at photos from a wedding held in Harbor Towne. The photographer is based in Georgia, but she does travel a lot, and she may be worth looking into for wedding photography.

As far as other vendors go, you may not need much else because from what I''ve heard Daufuskie pretty much will do everything for you (catering, sound system, entertainment, etc). It looks pretty amazing!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to a HH wedding next month. Funny enough the couple is from New England like you. The wedding is going to be in the Palmetto Dunes area- I think? At the Marriott. I know that they are having an outdoor ceremony and an indoor (ballroom) reception.

I will take lots of pictures for you and share them w/ you the end of April...

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the link Fancy! Dtnyc, any and all pics would be greatly appreciated
emsmile.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE HH, sorry I''ve only been there as a vacationer and can''t give you any solid recs, but it is a wonderful place and I''m sure whatever venue you choose will be fabulous! Best wishes to you!
36.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results