shape
carat
color
clarity

Hillary's America

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will watch on Netflix as I save the theaters for big action films since they cost so much. :lol:

Did you see it?

siv1

Shiny_Rock
I haven't had the chance to watch it yet. Several friends have seen it and say it is very thought provoking and that it should be seen before the election. It is not going to be in the theaters very long, so hopefully I can see it this weekend.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I haven't seen it. In fact, I hadn't even heard of it, but it was in one of my local theaters a couple of weeks ago and while my husband and I were looking at movie times, I ran across it. I watched the movie trailer for it because I had no idea what it was. I'm not sure that I will see it, but it looked interesting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw it because a friend invited me and I probably wouldn't have gone otherwise. But it was nothing like I expected. It was a very interesting history lesson. The democratic party was against abolishing slavery and they were the root of the KKK being started. They owned slaves. It is well worth watching just for the history lesson...the things you were never taught in school.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1470922916|4064729 said:
I saw it because a friend invited me and I probably wouldn't have gone otherwise. But it was nothing like I expected. It was a very interesting history lesson. The democratic party was against abolishing slavery and they were the root of the KKK being started. They owned slaves. It is well worth watching just for the history lesson...the things you were never taught in school.

Did it stop there or did it go on to address the real complexities of that topic?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1470923748|4064734 said:

Did it stop there or did it go on to address the real complexities of that topic?

You should watch it and see!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A history of the democratic and republican party platforms and their switch

http://www.livescience.com/34241-democratic-republican-parties-switch-platforms.html

Democrats of the 1860s align much more with conservative republicans of today (tea partiers etc). Republicans of today are much more aligned in their party platform with democrats of 1860s. So one cannot segue that what happened in 1860s is the same as today. If DSouza does his homework (which he won't because he's a total nut, cheater on taxes and a cheater in marriage) he will report honestly and fairly (fat chance).

ETA: Diamondseeker I was taught this in elementary school in upstate NY in the 60s btw, or rather I was taught that republicans were against slavery and the southern democratic system was against it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
T - your link does not encompass the civil rights act which was staunchly opposed by democrats in the south. This is a relatively recent mark on their record and after the "switch."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results