shape
carat
color
clarity

Hillary Clinton to concede TONIGHT.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m tired of figuring it out. He''s got 11 delegates left to go.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just kidding. Only 10 now.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 3:00:04 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 6/3/2008 2:35:12 PM
Author: Starset Princess
Date: 6/3/2008 1:14:47 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I'd have voted for Hillary over Obama any day of the week.

Any man who doesn't know how many states are in the US doesn't deserve to be President.

*eta, he said there were 59 states and hadn't yet been to Alaska or Hawaii but had one yet to visit.. WHAT?
33.gif

How did Barack come up with 59 states? He's probably including territories and commonwealths, so let's take a look at the count:

50 states, that's pretty obvious...

Nations under Compacts of Free Association: Marshall Islands (51), Federated States of Micronesia (52), Palau (53).
Unincorporated, organized territories: Guam (54), United States Virgin Islands (55).
Commonwealths, another form of unincorporated and organized territory: Northern Mariana Islands (56), Puerto Rico (57)
American Samoa (58) is unorganized, but has a constitution and self-government, making it functionally very similar to an organized territory.
Ok, 58.. hmm, what are we forgetting...
Oh yeah, Washington D.C. (59)
So, 59 is the total!
Oh I kinda don't think that's how he was thinking given his answer. But its a good try. lol
Is this the clip you're thinking of, SDL?

YouTube video

In the context of where he's been able to "visit," it sounds like Starset's logic makes sense. otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned not yet visiting Hawaii, since he was indeed born there.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 5:34:24 PM
Author: ksinger
Date: 6/3/2008 4:26:36 PM

Author: MoonWater

He said he disagreed with his pastor''s views when he gave the race speech and when asked about it in interviews.
Comment: And that simply underscores why the de facto religious litmus test for office being applied by the vast majority of US citizens, in direct opposition to what is stated clearly in the constitution, is such a dreadful thing. I never thought I''d see a political race turn into a theological pissing match, but the last few got it rolling, and this one is just an embarrassing farce.

Won''t hear an argument from me on that one.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 5:33:29 PM
Author: Starset Princess
My favorite quote from the DNC hearing

''My momma taught me to play by the rules and respect those rules. My mother taught me, and I''m sure your mother taught you, that when you decide to change the rules, middle of the game, end of the game, that is referred to as cheating.''''

-- Donna Brazile to former Michigan Gov. Jim Blanchard, who was making the case for the Clinton campaign to get 73 delegates out of Michigan with 55 for uncommitted.

I really like Donna Brazile. Aways so level headed. Does she ever get angry?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Freke we need an update
2.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My local newspaper says online that he''s won it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
6 more. This is according to CNN. (I gotta be consistent!)

Sorry for slacking. I had to eat.
2.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 7:53:23 PM
Author: FrekeChild
6 more. This is according to CNN. (I gotta be consistent!)

Sorry for slacking. I had to eat.
2.gif

It''s ok. I was suppose to go to yoga tonight but I wasn''t feeling all that great. I decided I would push myself and got wrapped up in the half-hourly updates lol.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
2 minutes til I get off work and can go watch the coverage! Oh Keith Olbermann, how I adore you...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke''s A Lot More than Daily Delegate Count:

2,118 needed to win

Obama
Total: 2,112
Super: 364

Clinton
Total: 1,912
Super: 288

Obama is now 6 delegates away from the nomination.
Clinton is now 206 delegates away from the nomination.
That is a difference of 100 delegates with Obama leading and increasing his lead by 6 more super delegates since my last delegate count posting.

She has lost 1 more super delegate since my last delegate count posting.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 7:58:54 PM
Author: ladypirate
2 minutes til I get off work and can go watch the coverage! Oh Keith Olbermann, how I adore you...
LP how long does it take for you to get home? (Or to get where ever you''re going to watch the coverage?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:01:15 PM

LP how long does it take for you to get home? (Or to get where ever you''re going to watch the coverage?

Haha...that made me think she''d run to a bar and watch it like a game! Hell, I wish I could do that now.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:02:07 PM
Author: MoonWater
Date: 6/3/2008 8:01:15 PM
Haha...that made me think she''d run to a bar and watch it like a game! Hell, I wish I could do that now.
Mmmmm...margarita!!!!

(And it''s so like watching a game! With Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper being the quarterbacks (or something) and John Roberts being the announcer (Does anyone else want one of those things that he gets to play with? That touch screen thing?)

Only 5 left!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
omg yeah! It''s like magic! I want to play on that screen!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hillary wants to pressure the "Unity Ticket"? And she's not going to concede tonight?

In nicer news, no more talk about taking it to the convention...

ONLY 4 LEFT!!!!!!

(And South Dakota polls are closed or about to, I believe.)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, isn''t it a little silly? "I won''t admit that I loss, but I''ll happily take second place!" wtf? I really don''t want her on his ticket. I think she''s a liability for the Fall.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too. She's a liability, but more so it seems that BILL has become an even bigger liability than her. And I can't imagine him being the spouse of the VP. That's just WEIRD to me.

Having said that, who do you think should be, or is on his short list?

(Dude, Donna Brazile used to P me off in general , but I love her now. She's just so laid back and unflappable!)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I think Bill is horrid. I think his heart surgery has definitely had an impact...except only on his ability to hide his true self. LOL

Well, I don't feel I know enough about his options for VP so I'm going to default to FI's choice which is Jim Webb. I did see him on Russert and I liked him. Plus, with his military and foreign policy experience, McCain can't go after them on that crap. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Webb

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
For VP....

I''d have him seriously think about Bill Richardson. He''s Hispanic, he brings in New Mexico, he''s got a lot of foreign policy experience, and other stuff...His wiki

Of course I''m sure even thought Edwards has said no, that he *might* still be on the list.

And Biden as well as Dodd sound interesting...

Webb sounds interesting as well. Why does your FI like him so much?

What about Gore? I know he''s got other stuff going on, but he''d get all of the independents.

I think it''d be HILARIOUS if Obama asked Prez Clinton to be VP. I would not be able to stop laughing. (Not that that would happen, but you have to admit it''d be funny...)

And for McCain, I think Mitt Romney is probably the best choice. He''d help with those uber conservatives, and he''s young and RICH. Between Romney and Mrs. McCain-they could buy half the country. Heh.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Why does FI like Webb? Well, from reading about him, my guess would be his stance on the war, his efforts to make the government more accountable to its citizens, his view of the complexities of our relationship with the rest of the world (i.e. our dependence on China and the current and eventual negative economic impact, the fact that we want to spread democracy outside our borders while ignoring the injustices and lack of democracy within our borders), and his willingness to call us out for lacking proper leadership (He thinks special interests have paralyzed the country).

It's probably more details to the above...I'll have to ask him about it.

McCain's speech...it just sounds written. Was he ever a better speaker? And his face is seriously melting.

ETA: I turned the sound back up...what the hell, who wrote that speech? How many times did he say "that's not change we believe in?" Hilarious!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are projecting him as the winner!!!!!

ETA: No kidding on McCain's speech. I just told BF that it's "typical GOP $hiz" taking a key phrase from another party and...

Yay! Anderson is on!!! (I have a crush on him-I don't care if he is gay-or not-whatever)

...use it against them.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
LOL I love Anderson too!!

This is so amazing. Seriously. Just the historic moment (which would have felt just as weird right now if it were Hillary, even if I hate her lol). The glass ceiling has been broken. I can't even believe it happened in my lifetime.

McCain is just dead. Seriously, he's a corpse. His people better pick a really great VP for him.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so amazing. I wonder what Hillary is going to say...

Any guesses?

If she says anything about how there is still a race going on, I'm going to puke. And I've been drinking a chocolate milkshake so that would be bad. And BF would not be happy. And he'd turn off CNN.

ETA: Agreed on McCain. It's like watching "Day of the Dead" or some other zombie movie...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Watching the speech on CNN now...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
watching now.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I don't think she'd be stupid enough to say anything to piss off Obama (and thus the Democratic Party) because she wants a future in politics. She really is in a prime position right now but she better not look a gift horse in the mouth. I think the party is ready to offer her a great spot, even if it isn't VP. One co-worker said she'd probably prefer Senate Majority Leader because she'd have more power than being VP.

ETA: Thank god she has better speech writers than McCain and is much better at delivery! lol

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Breaking News: She will be making no decisions tonight LOL. Um...you mean about accepting VP? Because the other decision was made for you.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yep. not tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results