shape
carat
color
clarity

High Yield "Reward" Checking Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been reading about these--checking accounts at banks which will give you a higher interest rate (3-4% for example) if you meet certain requiremetns like high minimum balance, make certain # of debit transactions or auto deposits.
I like the idea of earning more on my savings (which is hard to do these days), but not sure about some of these banks--there are not nationally known names and who wants to park savings somewhere that might not survive, although it is protected by FDIC. Anyone use one?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We have one through our local credit union. It is awesome! The things they require us to do are really simple--use automatic payments or direct deposits, check our account online, etc. They also reimburse all atm fees since they are a smallish credit union and don''t have that many atms.

I highly recommend it.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I use ING Direct. Just checking right now, it seems like it''s 1.10% but they have great policies. No minimums, FDIC insured, and you get money to your checking in 2 days. I''ve heard good things about the CD''s as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results