shape
carat
color
clarity

High School Wedding Photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So Fi and I met in high school and we would really like to take a couple of fun pictures by our old lockers and things like that in the high school (it''s also right next to the park we''re taking outdoor photos in). Has anyone seen photos like this online? Do you guys think this is weird? Lol I emailed my old principal today, I can''t believe he''s still there! But I contacted him to ask if we could take some photos there, hopefully its ok!
I''d looooove to take some photos in the theater since we were both in plays a lot together and that is where we met but I dunno if they would open it up for us :-\

Anyone else on ps doing any fun or unusual photos at their wedding? I''d love to hear about it :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
We are doing our wedding in Philly and I would LOVE to do some shots in front of Pats- the most famous cheesesteak place in Philadelphia.

We plan on doing our engagement photos on University of Delaware''s campus where we first met- in particular on the intramural softball fields where we first laid eyes on each other.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:17:01 PM
Author:Smurfysmiles
Anyone else on ps doing any fun or unusual photos at their wedding? I''d love to hear about it :)
I think that lots of people do! We took a bunch by a campfire. They''re some of my favorite shots.

Has anyone seen photos like this online? Do you guys think this is weird? Lol I emailed my old principal today, I can''t believe he''s still there! But I contacted him to ask if we could take some photos there, hopefully its ok!

I''d looooove to take some photos in the theater since we were both in plays a lot together and that is where we met but I dunno if they would open it up for us :-\
I bet they would. Couldn''t hurt to ask.

Why does it matter if anyone thinks it''s weird? And if they do, do you actually wanna know?
2.gif
(Just sayin''...) I haven''t personally seen any pics in the specific format you''re talking about, but I''m sure they''re out there.

One thing - when would you take these pics? Logistically speaking, unless your venue is very close to your high school, it could be a big hassle. Not that a few priceless shots aren''t worth a hassle.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a lovely idea! FI and I met in college; we were in the same year and major, so we have tons of places and activities in common at our school. I would love to go back and take pictures of us in our favorite places! Unfortunately stuff like this isn''t in the budget (school is 3+ hours away and we''d have to pay our photographer to go out there), but it might be a great option for a future anniversary.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
I think that is a great idea, I''m sure you principal would allow it. It might have to be on a weekday at 4:30, but i''m sure it won''t be a huge problem. My DH and I took wedding photos on campus, but not in the part we met since it would have been to congested in that area. We picked a place that was more quiet and the pictures turned out great.

Also, I loved mimzy''s e shots in the laundry mat

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Getting around from place to place shouldn''t be a problem, fargo moorhead is a town of about 50-60,000 people and you can usually get all the way across town in 15-20 minutes :) To get from our photo shoot to the church all we have to do is jump on main ave and take the toll bridge to cut the trip in half :)

i looooooved mimsy''s photos, i saw them when she first put them up :) We can''t afford e-pics so we are having my brother in law who has a really nice camera and does some photography take some photos of us one day while we go to the botanical gardens, meh!

and you''re right musey, i probably wouldn''t want to know if someone thought it was weird lol your campfire shots are some of my favorites too :)

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
haha...this is so silly but since we are getting married on 7/11 I wanted to see if we could take some shots by a 7-11!!

I''ve seen cool pictures of couples at Jamba Juice and random other fun places at my photography office.

I think that would be super fun Smurfy!

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
Aww, that is such a cute idea! I personally love it. If it''s not too kiddish, reminds me of Taylor Swift''s "Love Story." :D

''We were both young when I first saw you...''

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
awesome :) i love that 7-11 idea haha
im just crossing my fingers the principal doesnt remember giving me in school suspension for kissing a boy in the hallways back in 10th grade after the bell had rang :O Yeah I was a rebel lol

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My friend did something similar. She met her husband in college (upstate NY) and is now in med school in Southern Cali. They went back to school for the wedding...had the ceremony in the college chapel and the reception at a nearby inn. They took pictures in the library stacks and around the campus. It was pretty cool!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Fiery... these photos are going to be on your bookshelves for the next "???" odd years, so do what makes you smile!!! Mine and FI''s first date was at a Cowboys/Texans game where it poured rain and ruined my favorite shoes at the time. Well, for our Epics we wore our football jersey''s and I wore the same shoes that I wore on our first date at that football game. It meant something to us, and that''s all that matters.

Do what will make you happy. It will come thru in the pictures.
1.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
awwwwwwww!!!! i think that''d be really cute!!! it''s a place that has sentimental value for the two of you, so i say fo gor it....okay, so that was a typo, but it''s saint. paddy''s and i''m Irish, and i thought it was funny, so i''m leaving it, haha! ::puts down the whiskey::
9.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I got an email back from my old principal, here''s what he wrote

It is a strong possibility to come to MHS for some photos.

We have a custodian on duty from 8:00 - 4:00 on Saturday''s. If you
contact me a couple of weeks ahead of the 14th I can make arrangements.

Best wishes!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! I''m so happy that you''re able to do that. It''s going to make for some great pics.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
The day of our wedding we can not be in the place for the photos we really wanted so after our wedding we will be doing a photo session near our home at an abandoned psychiatric hospital. Weird? Yes. Totally us? You betcha - for many reasons (no, we didn''t meet at a psych hospital). Do I care what people think about our decision? Not in the least.

It''s your day - do what you want - what makes you happy and what will remind you of your beginnings. For us, our decision is all about creating truly artistic images which have clashing elemets - a wedding gown amonst rubble; happiness existing in a place commonly thought to harbor only despair - these photos are 100% for us and us only.

I think it''s a neat idea especially since it has significant meaning to both of you.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
lol keepingthefaith everytime i think of people asking you if thats where you met it makes me laugh, sounds like something my dad would ask lol
20.gif
i do really like the idea behind it being a place with despair and filling it with love :)

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
All of our shots were done at the Disney Boardwalk in Orlando, Florida (a little public section owned by Disney that has restaurants and shops). We have shots in front of an ESPN sports bar (totally fitting as my fiance watches ESPN all the time), shots of us sitting in a photo booth, kissing in a rose garden, we also snuck into the hotel to get a few pics in front of a window! Odd yes, but the pictures were amazing!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I think as long as you''re not wearing a Britney-style schoolgirl outfit, you will be fine =) Cute idea

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:49:12 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
you''re right musey, i probably wouldn''t want to know if someone thought it was weird
I had a feeling
2.gif

your campfire shots are some of my favorites too :)
Thanks!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 5:44:50 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
For us, our decision is all about creating truly artistic images which have clashing elements - a wedding gown amongst rubble; happiness existing in a place commonly thought to harbor only despair - these photos are 100% for us and us only.
I LOVE this kind of wedding photo. I am excited to take our pics in Philly so we can use some of the easily recognizable places in the city (the steps that Rocky runs up and down in the movies in front of the Art Museum) but I also am dying to take some pics in a dirty, city-scape.

I don''t think that people need to understand or appreciate your wedding photos. They really are for you and your husband, after all, you will be the ones looking at them the most. I doubt anyone else will really get the cheese steak shop idea but to us its just funny and interesting.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Totally cute. We had our engagement photos done on my university''s quad where DH proposed, and I know of a couple who had photos done in our university''s library (the wedding chapel was next door, and I believe she went on to get a degree in library science) after they were married. Those photos were really funny/interesting/romantic. Go for it!

Ashley21

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:17:01 PM
Author:Smurfysmiles
So Fi and I met in high school and we would really like to take a couple of fun pictures by our old lockers and things like that in the high school (it''s also right next to the park we''re taking outdoor photos in). Has anyone seen photos like this online? Do you guys think this is weird? Lol I emailed my old principal today, I can''t believe he''s still there! But I contacted him to ask if we could take some photos there, hopefully its ok!
I''d looooove to take some photos in the theater since we were both in plays a lot together and that is where we met but I dunno if they would open it up for us :-

I think this is such a great idea! Can''t wait to hear how it goes and see some pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results