shape
carat
color
clarity

High school reading list

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
I thought of this last night when going to sleep Uppy. I think it is a classic children's book, but it really isn't great literature. There are many reasons it wouldn't cut it in an English class (huge length for limited plot, character, historical development). I loved LW in elementary school, but high school seems late for getting into such a "Romantic" and i mean it as literary style, not smooching, text.

There are so many awesome YA books out now, some of the classics have fallen to the wayside for a reason. I remember hating the Scarlet Pimpernel with every fiber of my being. Now it simply isn't assigned, too many good books have come out more recently. Check out the ala booklists: www.ala.org/yalsa/booklists/bbya.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I loved the book when I was young, but I'll admit that I haven't picked it up in ages. I like the idea of a mother/daughter book club. One thing I hated from my middle and high school reading list is that it was so absolutely geared toward males. Every book we read had a male protagonist! I had to pick up any classic with a leading lady on my own time. Maybe you could gather a list of the greats for the two of you to read together. I mean.... I love GWTW and think it's the best book ev-ar, I'd join your book club for that! :love:

I do, however, love the movies made from it. Elizabeth Taylor, Katherine Hepburn, Winnona Ryder... I could watch every version!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results