shape
carat
color
clarity

High quality mens belt recommendation

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Reading through Missy's cross body handbag thread (and the custom bag designer) reminded me that my DH is in desperate need of a new belt. The problem is that is is a very very skinny guy. He wears a size 24 pants! In the past he has had to just ad new holes to the smallest belt he can find. Not ideal and I would love to be able to get him one that fits from the start!

Could anyone give a recommendation for a black belt that is high quality, will last him for a few years and comes in a small size? A custom belt might be an option if anyone has a recommendation.

I'm looking to spend a max of about 200-300 for the perfect belt.

Thank you!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bottega Veneta has fantastic belts. is 24 his waist? if so thats pretty darn tiny! My other half wears 34 (he's 33) and he's got a belt from there that fits very well.

they do have women's belts, that might be an option.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LV. Or Gucci.

cheers--Sharon

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Bottega Veneta has fantastic belts. is 24 his waist? if so thats pretty darn tiny! My other half wears 34 (he's 33) and he's got a belt from there that fits very well.

they do have women's belts, that might be an option.

I know.... his waist is ridiculously tiny! His waist might even me smaller but that's the smallest pants that we can find in stores! And he's almost 6 feet tall and eats like a horse....

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll check out Bottega Veneta!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truthfully, I’d look for a women’s belt. You’ll find more options that way.

I’d check Brooks Brothers, Chanel, Coach, and LV. Good luck!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truthfully, I’d look for a women’s belt. You’ll find more options that way.

I’d check Brooks Brothers, Chanel, Coach, and LV. Good luck!

I would too, I'd add Gucci to that list and also preowned Hermes.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd look in a store with a big boys, ladies and men's section like old navy. A men's XS might be too large still but he might have a chance between big boys and ladies.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just go custom made IMHO - removes any potential for 'oh, you're wearing a woman's belt?' jibes, he can get exactly what he wants, and you'll pay for the individual craftsmanship rather than paying a 300% markup on a cheap belt because someone's sewn on a half-inch square label that says 'Gucci', 'Chanel', 'LV' or whatever.

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just go custom made IMHO - removes any potential for 'oh, you're wearing a woman's belt?' jibes, he can get exactly what he wants, and you'll pay for the individual craftsmanship rather than paying a 300% markup on a cheap belt because someone's sewn on a half-inch square label that says 'Gucci', 'Chanel', 'LV' or whatever.

I agree that custom might be the way to go.... Does anyone have a recommendation for where I can get a custom sized belt?

Is the quality of the big names really better? He's not a flashy guy and doesn't really care about brands but I would like to get him a high quality belt that won't wear out in a few years. His current belt has rubbed at the buckle and it's almost as if the top layer has come off.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any good leather shop that makes its own stuff should be able to sort you out - I've got a couple of belts made of real leather, perhaps 1/8th of an inch thick, which must be at least 5-10 years old now and showing that nice patina of age :)

They are far from worn out, the fittings may need replacing before the leather gives up!! :lol:

Do you not have those guys making belts on a stall at the local mall? We always seem to have at least one over here in the UK :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @kemurphy, my dh recommends Allen Edmonds and Brooks Brothers. They have high quality belts and you could have a shoemaker shorten the belt for your husband.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that custom might be the way to go.... Does anyone have a recommendation for where I can get a custom sized belt?

Is the quality of the big names really better? He's not a flashy guy and doesn't really care about brands but I would like to get him a high quality belt that won't wear out in a few years. His current belt has rubbed at the buckle and it's almost as if the top layer has come off.

I think the quality of the high end brands is better personally and that the items last much longer but some aren't bothered about having designer items. Having said that, as you want a quality belt that he can wear for years, the more luxury brands is where I'd look, even pre owned. There's preloved sellers out there such as 1stDibs, Vestiaire, Decades etc where you could look, there's quite a few of them, also Katy Kane in Philly.

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all the advice so far! Lots of great information here. Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results