shape
carat
color
clarity

High Pointers Club

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
This is a little thing I got started into. Its called High Pointers. You hike , Climb or Drive to the highest point in each state and knotch it on your belt that you made the summit. Try to find some of these places and its more of a puzzle then you think
1.gif
http://www.highpointers.org.

Here is my High Point in Colorado Mt.Elbert it was a 10 hr round trip 14,000 plus ft.

Colohptsm.jpg

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
This is the highest Point in Wisconsin "Tims Hill" about a 20 min walk. We took my Grand Fathers flag he had in WW1 with us (notice it has 48 stars).

hpwisconsin.jpg

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
This is Mt Sunflower highest point in Kansas (I think its 10 feet higher then the rest of the state) We drove to this one. About 15 miles off the beaten path in the middle of a Farmers field.

hpkanassm.jpg

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the Mt Elbert picture for the first post.

hpcolosm.jpg

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Ill see if I can find the one In Iowa , the highest point is by a pigs trouf
1.gif

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I live in Iowa, and have never heard of such a place.
What city is it located in?
wavey.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.highpointers.org/guide.shtml

This will show you. Its by the Minn/Iowa boarder

This is not my picture but it will show you the high point. Look at your road atlas and it will show you were the highest point in every state is.

In Iowa you go up to the farmers door and ask permission to go on there land to the High Point. A little old lady that reminds me of my mom came to the door and was so sweet. They get people from all over the world stop by to log in the high point.

Lots of fun and you meet some great people. I think Alaska is out of my reach
1.gif

hptiowa.jpg

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Im on the other side of the river from Iowa , my son goes to Ames University of Iowa
1.gif

justme

Shiny_Rock
Hey Iceman - I know and have been to the place in WI!!

And was born and still consider home about 75 miles south of Sibley, IA.

I like your quest and may join!

Justme

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Ill see if I can find the one I have in Nebraska , it was hard to find and it was in the
middle of a field of Buffalos! The people that own the land are really nice about it
and they are obligated by the US to let people get to the land mark. At each high
point you sign a book saying that you made the summit and you see people from all
over the world that has been there! We always make it a point if we are on vacation
and are close to one
1.gif

We are hiking the Grand Canyon again this April and we are going to hit the highest point in AZ Mt. Humphrey
1.gif

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Cool one, Ice...

Everyone should have a hobby that gets them out of the house, eh?
1.gif

-Tim

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I'm assuming that since your "across the river", you're in Illinois. I live along the mississippi as well.
Iowa is a beautiful state, but others see it as a "flat", boring state. Not true. We have some very nice scenery, and especially if you like the "farming look" with lots of beautiful, old barns.
I for one, live in the country, and can appreciate the smell of livestock. Pigs bad, horses good
2.gif

And, in addition to that, you'll find that most of us "mid-westerner's" are pretty hospitable. Just stop and ask, and most will oblige.
Glad you enjoy your travels, and heights
9.gif

As for me, I'll stick as close to sea level as I can. I get a little loopy up on them there mountain tops
8.gif

DiehardSearcher

Rough_Rock
Iceman, Ames...University of Iowa...???

Don't you mean Iowa State Univeristy? As in Cyclones, not Hawkeyes? Now there may indeed be a satellite campus there, but as my father and his entire family attended Iowa State University, I'm offended of such a thing.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops
sad.gif
Dont let my kid read this post he would shoot me. Quite a rival between
the two Colleges
1.gif
Both great Colleges.

The out of state is costing me $22,000 a year almost Ivy league (well not close
2.gif
) I
love the college , He is getting straight A's as a veterinarian.

I would like to know why I have to pay so much ??? Where is my break. My
fathers and for Fathers go back all the way to the first settlers in this country and
have been paying into the system . I wont go into who gets the breaks , I just wish it
was fair
sad.gif
(oh I forgot they gave me a break for his good grades $2,000 off , drop in the bucket )
1.gif
To have my son walk out of College debt free is the best gift I can give
him
1.gif

Thanks for the correction I would not have heard the end of it
sad.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
andrea~ I agree with what you say , If Im ready for a change that is what the airport is for
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
High Point Missouri taken last weekend 4-5-03 I was down at that 6000 acre Hummer Farm testing out my car and took a break , went and bagged that summit to put in my book.

Im about 49 years old, I need to get going if Im going to hit all 50 summits
1.gif

hpMOsm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results