shape
carat
color
clarity

High Performance Diamonds

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone dealt with High Performance Diamonds? What do you think about their buyback policy of 80% and lifetime trade-up, customer service? How would you rate them with WF, BGD, GOG?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only am a customer of HPD so far customer service is top notch. Not yet use their trade up/buy back policy though.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''m also a customer, and have been for years. I also just finished my latest project with him so he has my hearty endorsement.
9.gif
I''ve never used the buy-back policy, though.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 12:10:22 AM
Author:bright ice
Anyone dealt with High Performance Diamonds? What do you think about their buyback policy of 80% and lifetime trade-up, customer service? How would you rate them with WF, BGD, GOG?

Hi, Bright Ice,
I am another happy customer of Wink's/HPD. I have used the trade-up policy -- twice! -- and it is hassle-free. Wink's bench made my custom design setting for my current Crafted by Infinity (CBI) brand diamond (also purchased through HPD), and his customer service and knowledge is superb. I also purchased a Vatche setting from him for the first CBI diamond I owned. Wink works with many setting companies and also has expertise in colored gems, so he has the ability to source/create anything you want.

I have not used the buyback policy, but at 80% it is the most generous of all the online vendors.

WF, BGD, and GOG are respected vendors here as well. The major difference between HPD and these online vendors is the 80% buyback policy, and the fact that HPD is a Crafted by Infinity vendor. ETA: Another difference is that HPD's inspection/return period is longer (21 days) than several of the above vendors, who I believe have return periods of 10 - 14 days. Double check their websites to be sure.

CBI brand diamonds are different from other diamond brands because they are cut in-house under the oversight of the owner of the brand, Paul Slegers, rather than "selected" from pre-existing cutting house stock and/or cut to specifications by outside cutting houses. CBI's tight control over the cutting process helped me feel much more confident buying online, and made the upgrade process worry-free, since the cut of CBI diamonds is so consistent. Paul also cuts diamonds in a wider variety of color and clarity grades than many other online vendors, offering consumers more choice and value. That's why I felt comfortable going with an I color, I1 clarity CBI diamond for my latest upgrade. Wink called my stone in from another CBI vendor, gave me his professional opinion of its color/clarity, and made a video for me of the stone.

In all honesty, I get better service and prices from Wink/HPD, an online vendor I've never met in person, than I do from any of the local vendors in my own city.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,
I haven't bought diamonds from Wink but did buy other jewelry. He's a blast to work with and very responsive with his callbacks and emails. Highly recommended from me
1.gif

ETA: I have bought from GOG too - they too are excellent to work with, though not quite as entertaining as Wink
3.gif

bagelboy

Shiny_Rock
Another happy customer here, those Infinity are really beautiful and sparkle like crazy. My wife always get lots of compliments on her ring. I would be happy to buy again. I have not upgraded her diamond yet, perhaps in the future. I''m sure we will keep her orignal diamond for sentimental reasons plus it is really sparkly! I have nothing but praise for High Performance Diamonds.
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink/HPD have a stellar PS reputation by all accounts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results