shape
carat
color
clarity

High Performance Diamonds review

GrundaFarm

Rough_Rock
Hi,

First of all thank you to everyone who helped me settle on a great engagement ring. This forum helped me learn the 4Cs and specifically develop a greater understanding of the importance of diamond cut. It was through hours spent on PriceScope that I discovered how to find the best cut diamond specs, and it was also where I found out about Crafted by infinity diamonds. I concluded that I was unlikely to find better cut diamond than these.

I eventually went for a yellow gold Vatche Caroline ring with a Crafted by Infinity .827 F SI1 (completely eye clean). My fiancé is infatuated by it and I am extremely happy with the end product. I have attached pictures below- this diamond is ridiculous- it even shines bright when there is next to no light!

I cannot recommend High Performance Diamonds enough. I knew before I contacted them that I wanted the Vatche Caroline setting, and they were able to source it from Vatche at a more reasonable price than other vendors.

I received constant help from Melissa at HPD who was with me all the way and gave me sound advice on choosing the perfect diamond without ever seeming pushy, which was my experience with a lot of high street shops. I stay in Scotland so didn't always expect a quick reply (given time zone difference), but to my astonishment Melissa was always available and dedicated to helping me and I cannot thank her enough for that.

I was having to order over the festive period, and despite the massive pressure they were under Wink still managed to find time to make customised videos for me including comparison ones with the other diamonds I was interested in (even though there are no videos on their website I could find- this was invaluable). In addition Jamie managed to get the package to me from the US to Scotland even though I had a bit of a narrow deadline.

The only thing that stung me, because I was naive about it, was the customs tax from US to UK, which was more than I expected. But that is my own fault....

Anyway would love to know what you all think of it. We are extremely happy and I'd thoroughly recommend ordering from HPD if you want assurance of diamond quality. I was also surprised at the range of designer rings they had access to (not withstanding custom options)

Cheers
Stuart Ring1.jpg Ring2.jpg Ring3.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hand shots please!!

cheers--Sharon

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring-- love the setting. I'm sure the stone is amazing-- I have one myself. Yes, I would love to see hand shots.

GrundaFarm

Rough_Rock
IMG_20180110_102054.jpg 20180115_141105.jpg
Currently getting it re-sized. It's hard to capture it's performance low light conditions in the second picture but it does amazing things whatever the light.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180110_102054.jpg 20180115_141105.jpg
Currently getting it re-sized. It's hard to capture it's performance low light conditions in the second picture but it does amazing things whatever the light.
It looks larger than its carat weight. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. Best wishes to you too. When is the wedding?

GrundaFarm

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Yeah it does give an illusion of being bigger. We are planning to get married in summer 2019 most likely in Lithuania as my partner is from there. Should be fun!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Looks great.

I hope you don't mind me asking, being from UK did you manage to take advantage of the large wire discount without huge fees from the bank? It would be useful for other UK buyers considering HPD. Good luck with the wedding planning

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never mind my request for hand shots in your other thread! I see them here and they're beautiful!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! That is gorgeous! Something about nice, rich, yellow-gold that just sets off a stone. Congrats! And great job!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, the ring is beautiful. I'm in Scotland too so your review was very helpful.

I'm just gonna say it - I'd love to see the ring in person and hear more about your purchasing experience - so - if you're ever Glasgow way and feel like a mini-PS meetup, please let me know!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - congratulations!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Congrats on your engagement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results