shape
carat
color
clarity

High Hopes?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, are you posting more in hopes of becoming the 3,000,000th poster??

I have strolled through here 2-3 times today just to check out the happenings and I'm seeing a lot of lurkers coming out to play.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Heheheh - I'm posting more than usual because Irene has me trapped indoors! The possibility of being rewarded for it is just gravy.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wondered that too. I am just doing it to avoid work, though I just am about to finish the whole thing, so I will probably go get a ice cream reward...and I wonder why I fail at WW.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Being totally honest, I am at home with my parents during this hurricane.

I typically would be out and about and I post a lot less on the weekends. If it wasn't for this hurricane, I would be gone as usual regardless of the 3 million giveaway.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Circe~ You're not a lurker. You're always here! I did wonder about Irene's participation.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1314483591|3002113 said:
Heheheh - I'm posting more than usual because Irene has me trapped indoors! The possibility of being rewarded for it is just gravy.
Ditto. I'm trying to use up as much electricity as I can while we still have some! :tongue: But I wouldn't be *sad* to win. :wink2:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROFLMAO. I've been posting a lot PERIOD as I'm on disability and stuck in the house with 5 cats for the most part and a restriction on driving by my cardiologist. But I'm planning on starting some threads today because I do see a lot of people posting and I want to capitalize that.

How are we gonna get to 3 million if there isn't anything fun to post about. I'd hate to see the 3 millionth post be a "ditto".... ya know.

So no, I'm not posting more. But I am thread starting more.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy~ I noticed there was conversation starting here. I love good conversation threads so I hope it's not just to win but actually to participate in our community. I know over the course of the last several months, some of our heavy hitters have walked away or backed down substantially. I'd like to see PS pick up again regardless of a potential gift.

On a side note, is it my imagination or did some posters leave after they found out there was no big 10,000 posts prize??

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1314483787|3002121 said:
Ditto. I'm trying to use up as much electricity as I can while we still have some! :tongue: But I wouldn't be *sad* to win. :wink2:

Same here. It's getting blustery in the Nation's Capital and I'm sure if we have power when I go to bed tonight that we will NOT have it tomorrow! So I'm doing all the PSing I can before Irene takes her toll!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1314484198|3002131 said:

Same here. It's getting blustery in the Nation's Capital and I'm sure if we have power when I go to bed tonight that we will NOT have it tomorrow! So I'm doing all the PSing I can before Irene takes her toll!

Ditto! I have to cram in as much interwebz time as possible because I might not have it soon! :-o I don't really think I'll win though-I never win anything!

ETA I do hope a regular PSer wins though! Although the winner for the millionth posts was a regular at the time and, um...okay, I hope a regular PSer who doesn't need a tin foil hat wins. :halo:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1314483834|3002123 said:
ROFLMAO. I've been posting a lot PERIOD as I'm on disability and stuck in the house with 5 cats for the most part and a restriction on driving by my cardiologist. But I'm planning on starting some threads today because I do see a lot of people posting and I want to capitalize that.

Totally agree! I think its a great time for that!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1314484001|3002126 said:
Gypsy~ I noticed there was conversation starting here. I love good conversation threads so I hope it's not just to win but actually to participate in our community. I know over the course of the last several months, some of our heavy hitters have walked away or backed down substantially. I'd like to see PS pick up again regardless of a potential gift.

On a side note, is it my imagination or did some posters leave after they found out there was no big 10,000 posts prize??

I love good conversation threads too Shiny. I've been so happy with new threads, especially here in hangout because people are actually participating. I'm sure much of it is because of the prize, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy it while it lasts! I'd love to see PS pick up, and hey, maybe it will as people remember how much activity we used to have and come out of woodwork.

As for the posters and the 10K. I think there were a LOT of changes in a short time. Change in ownership new moderator changes, new policies, PS 2.0, vendor drama, and then the 10K thing, and the proconsumer designation. I think we lost members with all of those changes... and I think for some that stuck through several of the changes... when the changes just kept coming, they just lost interest.

I also noticed that a lot of the "Queen Bee" posters left. I do think Andrey and his administration was less willing to play favorites with them, and that hurt some of their feeling as 'new' favorites emerged.

I miss a lot of the older posters. Ellen in particular. I do hope some of them return though. Just to check in.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1314484476|3002137 said:

Ditto! I have to cram in as much interwebz time as possible because I might not have it soon! :-o I don't really think I'll win though-I never win anything!

ETA I do hope a regular PSer wins though! Although the winner for the millionth posts was a regular at the time and, um...okay, I hope a regular PSer who doesn't need a tin foil hat wins. :halo:

ROFLMAO at the tin foil comment. Who was the Million post winner again?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, your post is interesting. I still consider myself pretty new but I do think there is a new 'generation' of queen bee's around here.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Nope, count me in as posting more b/c of the hurricane!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Mr Lottie is out, i am bored and therefore posting more but as I am on a different timezone to most of you I should think I will be tucked up in bed before the big gong sounds.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1314484763|3002147 said:
Gypsy, your post is interesting. I still consider myself pretty new but I do think there is a new 'generation' of queen bee's around here.

I agree... and I think it's natural. There will always be Queen Bees. But let me tell you there were like 20 of them before PS 2.0 and they were unassailable. I loved them all and miss them... I think Kaleigh and Mara and T-Gal are the only ones that still post that are from the older rank and file. But we do have new ones emerging but they aren't as unassailable, I think.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am definitely interested to see what the 3 millionth post is and by whom, but I can't be bothered to post more in hopes of hitting that jackpot. Too anxiety-inducing!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1314484744|3002146 said:
thing2of2|1314484476|3002137 said:

ROFLMAO at the tin foil comment. Who was the Million post winner again?

But what if this is the 3 millionth post and I don't win the $1k because I'm being bad?!! Okay it was oshinbreez...a frequent (and frightening!) ATWer. :cheeky:

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
purselover|1314484767|3002148 said:
Nope, count me in as posting more b/c of the hurricane!

Not me.

BTW, 635 (I think!?) to go...

Ira Z.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1314485535|3002162 said:
But what if this is the 3 millionth post and I don't win the $1k because I'm being bad?!! Okay it was oshinbreez...a frequent (and frightening!) ATWer. :cheeky:

I remember. Okay... no tin foil hats it is. ROFLMAO.

Ira, is it really that close! Wow.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queen Bees that left because they got their widdle feelings hurt? That's one possibility! OR -- People get bored, get jobs, get new hobbies. People buy houses and want to fill up those instead of their jewelry boxes. People get sick of the same ol shhhhhhhhhhhhh and obvious attention seeking and cyclical shenanigans and shopping-as-Prozac and, frankly, general zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-ness.

I tend to give leavers the benefit of the doubt. Especially if there's no super dramz GBCP attached.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1314485970|3002173 said:
Queen Bees that left because they got their widdle feelings hurt? That's one possibility! OR -- People get bored, get jobs, get new hobbies. People buy houses and want to fill up those instead of their jewelry boxes. People get sick of the same ol shhhhhhhhhhhhh and obvious attention seeking and cyclical shenanigans and shopping-as-Prozac and, frankly, general zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-ness.

I tend to give leavers the benefit of the doubt. Especially if there's no super dramz GBCP attached.

Okay that's one theory. Except for the fact that many either linger or are still on FB and state the reasons they left and well... for some it really just sounds like they didn't feel appreciated by the new admins. So while I'm positive some folks did get fed up... there are enough who left that I'm sure some left because they have "lives" as you put it, and I'm sure others left because they got their feelings hurt. It's not an all or nothing calculation.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1314485069|3002155 said:

I agree... and I think it's natural. There will always be Queen Bees. But let me tell you there were like 20 of them before PS 2.0 and they were unassailable. I loved them all and miss them... I think Kaleigh and Mara and T-Gal are the only ones that still post that are from the older rank and file. But we do have new ones emerging but they aren't as unassailable, I think.

Oh? I'm oh so curious now :devil: where's that 24hr thread?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posting to see who wins! Highy doubt it will be me. BTW, I don't notice any Queen Bees right now? Or maybe I am too old to care.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1314486349|3002182 said:

Oh? Like whom?

I'm oh so curious now :devil:

I don't know if they view themselves as "Queen Bees" but I think for example, Dreamer has a niche and she's very well respected. I think she's great and she helps A LOT of people. Which I think is key for a "Queen Bee".

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's hard to know why people "leave". I think it's a natural progression, especially for people who end up having a kid, or other big things in their life, and while they are still interested in diamonds and jewelry, have by then gotten the majority of what they were looking for so it's not so compelling.

I know one of the reasons I stick around is for the conversations, not just the gems (hope I don't get kicked out for saying that!)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah, I never win anything.

Okay, I did win one of Brian's pins, but I think that is the first thing I have one since I was 16. (and that was a looong time ago.)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1314486438|3002189 said:
It's hard to know why people "leave". I think it's a natural progression, especially for people who end up having a kid, or other big things in their life, and while they are still interested in diamonds and jewelry, have by then gotten the majority of what they were looking for so it's not so compelling.

I know one of the reasons I stick around is for the conversations, not just the gems (hope I don't get kicked out for saying that!)

I agree. I stick around because I like the people and the viewpoints and all the different boards. I love RT, but I couldn't be on here as much as I am if it wasn't for Hangout and BWW, honestly.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

and "King Bee" Kenny.. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results