shape
carat
color
clarity

High chair usage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I never purchased a real high chair because we have major space constraints so I was glad to just get the FP Space Saver and attach it to one of our dining chairs. By the time Lily was about 18 months old, she didn''t want to have anything to do with it and chose to eat at a little table with her own chair, just like they do at daycare/preschool. She will also not sit in a high chair in a restaurant. Lucy gave up on the FP chair around 13-14 months because she wanted to sit and eat with her big sister and because of the same daycare policy. Now at 17 months, she will still sit in a high chair in restaurants but she''s starting to fight it.

I always thought kids would sit in high chairs until they were like 5! I like that they are learning proper table skills at school (they use utensils and drink out of regular cups) but I''m just surprised that they are trying to grow up so fast.
39.gif

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there for many of you who are struggling with deciding on a high chair. Keep in mind that your child may not love sitting in it or may "get over it" quickly. I probably would have purchased something fancier (more expensive) if we had the space but now I''m really thankful that I didn''t. I spent $50, 2 kids used it and then I literally threw it out because I couldn''t stand looking at it anymore! Then again, my kids might just be weird.
3.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
great tip curly. Your kids are def advanced though, and always have been (esp Lucy!)--combination of daycare and older sister has sped things along! So while I agree a high chair is not something to be fretted over, not sure most are out as quickly as yours. C isn''t using utensils or driniking out of a glass yet, although she doesn''t like her high chair much so I''m sure she couldn''t care less if it disappeared one day!

I have the FP Rainforest, it''s just ''eh'' for me. Serves the purpose, but kind of loud looking and bulky. I went with it b/c everyone told me I''d hate having to clean the more fashionable ones. Which might be true but C is pretty neat so far, and it''s contained to the tray.

If I could do it again, I''d go with one of those wooden ones that convert into a normal chair? Forgot the name but think its'' Swedish. Also better for space and blends better with wood furnture. If not I''d do the Space Saver like you did--we''re always tripping over the base of our full sized one!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s interesting! T still uses her highchair for every meal. She loves it and even will climb in it if I am not moving fast enough.
20.gif
She is a messy eater who refuses to use a fork so her confined makes my life MUCH easier.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
JT was in his high chair until he was around 2.5. He loved it! All of his meals were in his chair. We used it for lots of playing and crafts too. The tray was great for not losing little things and keeping fingerpaints from getting all over. The chair is also adjustable in height and can be brought up to the table sans tray which will be great for the new LO with our smaller house.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, Amelia''s like your girls. Not a fan of the highchair and we pretty much abandoned it around the same time (18 months?). Just will sit with me on the floor (we''re asians, it''s normal, hehehe) and eat. Glad we got the FP spacesaver as well, since it was cheap. She''ll still sit there from time to time, but mostly with my mom who likes to sit on a chair to feed her.

Hm...could it be though that the FP chair is what is causing them to hate high chairs?
6.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Curly, TGal, interesting about your kids not being a fan of high chairs early. We have the FP Space Saver too and at 17 months D will still sit in high chairs. The thought of him not wanting to sit in it at this young of age never crossed my mind until now!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Oh no...we received a Boon Flair as a present and we just assumed that DS would use it well into his toddlers years. He''s only 4.5 months, so he''s not quite ready to sit in it yet. Now I just hope we actually get some use out of it.
39.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 4:55:59 PM
Author: snlee
Curly, TGal, interesting about your kids not being a fan of high chairs early. We have the FP Space Saver too and at 17 months D will still sit in high chairs. The thought of him not wanting to sit in it at this young of age never crossed my mind until now!
She likes highchairs, in restaurants. At home, not a fan.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 5:00:03 PM
Author: sugarpie honeybun
Oh no...we received a Boon Flair as a present and we just assumed that DS would use it well into his toddlers years. He''s only 4.5 months, so he''s not quite ready to sit in it yet. Now I just hope we actually get some use out of it.
39.gif

That is what we have and DD is still using it daily at 28 months so don''t freak out.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have two highchairs - the Bloom Fresco and the Minui HandySitt.

Daisy slept in the Bloom during the day (when she slept
20.gif
) from when she was a newborn till she was 3 month. She now uses it as a highchair - it comes with a tray or you can pull it up to the table like a normal chair. When she''s older she can use it as a desk or leisure chair - it looks more space-age than babyish so with any luck she''ll get plenty of use out of it.

The Minui is wonderful - we take it out to restaurants and if we are visiting relatives as it just fits on any normal chair and folds down into a carrycase. It also has extra legs available so you can use it as a normal chair on the floor.

If I was buying high-chairs now, I''d have also seriously considered the Stokke Tripp Trapp as it can be used by adults as well as babies. Looks stylish and is very easy to clean (one of the absolute musts IMO).

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
M will not sit in her Boon anymore, but will sit in her booster at the table. She basically wants to be like the big kids and eat on the table. She copies everything her older cousins do, so I think that played a role. But we''ll use the high chair for J, so it''s not a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results