shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi : )

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
So I have to introduce myself and I''m sort of shy so bare with me : )

Umm I''m twenty-one and a full time biology study at USF, (yay Go Bulls!) I absolutly adore my boyfriend, he treats me like a princess. He''s a photographer for HSN (meaning his takes pictures of jewelry alllllll day long, so the pictures of my ring better rock, dang it.)

Anyway in January (2010) he came home from work sort of late.. and seemed really flustered, which is not him at all. (side note: Anthony was a US marine, and fought in the first string in fallujah, Iraq. So he''s pretty chill about everything, I guess the world looks much easier after fighting a war.. ) Anyway, he was grumpy (so not him) and frustrated all night. Finally like at 3am he woke me up and said "Kerry, will you look at rings with me.. I wanted to completely suprise you but there is A LOT involved and I have no idea what you would like to wear for the rest of your life." After freaking out for like... ten minutes I was ready to attack him I was so excited. So began our search. Oh my goodness, did anyone else start off with one idea in mind and go in a one-eighty? I did. We picked a Tacori setting that I loved <33333333333333 and looked at some diamonds but I have no idea what the final size is. I know it''s around 1ct. At smallest we looked at a .90ct and at largest a 1.45ct princess cut stones. We''ll see, hopefully soon : D

Okay so the sad part, I thought maybe Valentine''s Day (hey guys aren''t always super creative, I get some shiney and him forever regardless : ) ) Well now I''m glad that didn''t happen, because his mother died very unexpectedly on the 16th. We''re still in shock. And to make matters worst the Life Insurance Company chose to pay only 30% of the actual cost of the Catholic service. So... That cost clearly out weighed my ring, totally undertandable. I mean Tons makes a not to shabby salary but this was obviously the most important thing. I think this is one of the things I love about him, his selflessness.

I tried to convience him something small and simple ( even from Kay''s) would be fine but he insisted I would get what I really wanted, and honestly how can you argue with a man trying to buy you something sparkely?? So I guess now I''m just waiting, I know it''s paid for and sitting somewhere... I refuse to search... or so I keep telling myself. But I am still so sad. Planning a wedding with out my tiny-Spanish-(angry)-future-mother-in-law is going to be very sad.

Whooa I''m sorry this became so drawn out, I think I''ve just been holding a ton back, none of my friends really get this situation at all. Sorry to verbally unload on everyone. : ) But! I love this forum, I love reading the LIW threads, and I''m totally just bursting to see how and when he does it!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to LIW! I''m sorry to hear about your loss, I can''t even imagine how I would feel in that situation. I hope you have some happy news soon.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes welcome! that is so sweet the way he asked you, and that you could tell he was so flustered by it...so congratulations! but so sorry to hear about his mom...that must be tough.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! I''m so sorry to hear about your loss.

I''m looking forward to seeing your Tacori!

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! I am so sad to hear about his mum.

Its nice to hear he has the ring and its just hidden :) good on you for not looking. Well be happy to keep you distracted ;-)

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
welcome!
1.gif

sounds like you''ve got a great guy there.

it seems like he can''t wait to ask you and circumstances just got in the way. it''s not as if you are wondering why you are still waiting when there is no good reason, so just relax!

i''m very sorry about the loss of his mother, he''s really going to miss her at the wedding i''m sure
15.gif

hope your wait is not too long, enjoy it (i''m still enjoying mine!)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Kagordo4,

It''s lucky that your boyfriend is so interested in jewellery and finding you the right ring. I''m sorry about his mom''s sudden passing. I think the future holds some lovely surprises for you!
keep us updated.

Which tacori setting did you pick out?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Kagordo

Your bf sounds like an absolute star. I am sorry to hear about your loss. I can''t wait to see your ring and hear your proposal story.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! I am really sorry to hear about your mother in law. It''s so sweet that he was so frustrated about the ring. It really shows how much he loves you and wants you to have your dream ring. I hope your stay is short and sweet, it sounds like it will be! We''re happy to have you here with us.
1.gif

Bellafelis

Rough_Rock
Welcome to the forum!
35.gif

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome : ) and thank you for the kindness about his mom. His parents had a love that I think everyone she strive to. It''s just so sad, and impossible for me to imagine his father''s pain in losing his wife of 38 years.

PrincessNatalie, oh my goodness this is the hardest thing I have ever done! I don''t do suprises well, and I am so not patient but I refuse to spoil this one for myself. He (while super drunk) said it will be before the end of summer so I think that helps my will power.

Luckynumber and Maisie, he''s a peach : ) More than I ever will deserve.

Hopedream, I chose the Simply Tacori 30043000RD65 with a princess cut stone : ) I tried to attach the picture but for some reason it doesn''t show up..? Sorry.

TacoriRing1111111111.jpg

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
or perhaps I''m a big liar face and it did show up, pretty large infact.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Welcome kagordo4! Your bf sounds like a catch!! You''re so lucky to have one another. I''m sorry to hear about his mom. But she''ll be happy to know her son is happy with you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results