shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi tech? or too lame??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
My girl's been wanting an mp3 player for a while now, she loves gadgets....so here's what I was thinking:
I'll get the largest ring box and the smallest mp3 player I can find that still look normal. I'll download a wedding march or some wedding type music onto it, and make the song title "will you marry me?" so it shows on the screen when she tries it out. She'll be thinking it's a ring, and then will be briefly disappointed that it's only an mp3 player, then I'll tell her to try it out, and when she plays the song, I'll be on one knee, etc. etc.

ps: she's already expecting a proposal, so it'll be difficult to surprise her. It's not exactly out of the blue, but at least I can catch her off guard by time/place. I was thinking a long walk on the boardwalk or beach.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know about the proposal, you'd know better than I whether she'd like it (and I, at least, know MP3 players well enough to recognize even the small ones)... but if you need help picking one out, I'm your gal
1.gif

writebrain

Rough_Rock
how bout the new samsung? 1"x1"x2"? That would fit in a ring box

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I really like this idea! I think it shows a lot of thought and also you will be getting her two things she really wants.
2.gif

I have never heard of a proposal like this one either, which earns you major brownie points.
appl.gif

Do keep us posted on what you decide to do.

-Sarah
9.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Get-cut-not-ripped, I have the perfect song for you to put on the MP3 player! It will be perfect, it's personally one of my fave songs bc of the words, but it's upbeat (hopefully you like this type of music). It will be even better if she hasn't heard the song before, check it out...Jermaine Dupree's "Let's Get Married"

Let me know what you think!
1.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
That's clever proposal.

Here's my only critique: the really small MP3 players tend to have the smallest screens. Sometimes it's difficult to read the whole song... sometimes the song scrolls by like a stock ticker. It's too big for your scenario, but if you got the iPod Mini, you can also have it laser engraved on the back!

Good luck!

reena

Ideal_Rock
i have an RCA lyra and it is tiny. that might work. good luck!

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
Went with the Samsung "YEPP" YP-T5....I think it's one of the smallest on the market, and it worked out great. See the proposal thread for details. Again, thanks to everyone who helped out!!!

Specs:
256Mb built-in memory
FM Tuner
Microphone/voice recorder

Dimensions:
0.91" x 2.13" x 0.91", 0.85oz

6425665_ra.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results