shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi Ladies.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. I've been lurking on PS for months and decided it was high time I introduced myself and stopped being so shy. I'm Stephanie. I'm quite a lot older than most of you (38), and unfortunately have been married and am divorced.

I have a great guy now, J, and I think we're in a really good place. We've been together a little over 2 years and live together. He's divorced too - and has a lot of baggage (cheating ex-wife drama). I've been ready to get remarried for awhile, at least a year I would guess. He isn't ready yet. But I think he's getting there.

I'm trying to be patient, but I struggle with that. Being married - having that someone - is important to me and let's be honest, I'm getting old! I don't want to wait forever.

I recently sent my guy the link to Leon Mege's website and told him that just in case he was considering doing something, I really liked Leon's stuff. He hasn't said anything about the email, but I'm going to let it sit for awhile.

Anyway, that's my story. I look forward to getting to know you ladies better.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to LIW, nowicanseethemoon! :wavey:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Moon! :wavey:

Have you given him options besides LM? LM has a specific personality that not all people get along with. You should let him know things like:

1) what shape diamond you want!
2) what's your priority of the specs: the Cut, Carat, Clarity, Color? Like which would you give more wiggle room over the next? And what ranges are you okay with? What about fluorescence? Be specific with clarity if you're okay with low clarities (i.e., "I'm okay with eye clean I1's as long as the inclusion is either prongable or eye clean from 10" distance" or whatever you're okay with).
3) what metal you prefer? rose gold, yellow gold, white gold, platinum?
4) what style setting? 3-stone? halo? solitaire? simple? how many prongs? bezel? antique repro?
4) a choice of multiple locations to which he can find the diamond at. give multiple choices.
5) a choice of multiple setters to which he can find the setting at.

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
Welcome! I'm 32, so not that far behind you :)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
welcome!! I'm almost 30! Theres a mix of people from all ages on here! :) Join in on some of the threads, its kinda slow around here :)

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Nowicanseethemoon! :wavey:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1371601235|3468387 said:

Have you given him options besides LM? LM has a specific personality that not all people get along with. You should let him know things like:

2) what's your priority of the specs: the Cut, Carat, Clarity, Color? Like which would you give more wiggle room over the next? And what ranges are you okay with? What about fluorescence? Be specific with clarity if you're okay with low clarities (i.e., "I'm okay with eye clean I1's as long as the inclusion is either prongable or eye clean from 10" distance" or whatever you're okay with).
4) what style setting? 3-stone? halo? solitaire? simple? how many prongs? bezel? antique repro?
4) a choice of multiple locations to which he can find the diamond at. give multiple choices.

Thanks for the welcome ladies. I haven't given him the specifics all in one conversation. But over the course of things we've talked about some of these things. Not all though. I should try to figure out the rest (especially the priority of the 4Cs).

Part of me thinks I'd rather have something colored - a colored diamond, which becomes very expensive, or a sapphire (I have a 4 ct. light cornflower blue antique cushion I wouldn't mind using)... But then I wonder if I'd be happy with something like that down the road. He is very into simple and I suppose I'm a classic girl myself. I'd rather have a very nice solitaire (with maybe some micro pave to make it sparkle) rather than a 3 stone or a halo.

As for metal, we've talked about it and he's a platinum guy which makes me quite happy. He doesn't care for yellow or rose gold at all, so I'm willing to go with his taste on that front.

I honestly don't know of many places to tell him to go for stones - I've done some work for a gem dealer in Switzerland that I know would give him a good deal and I've passed that on to him. And according to my research, LM supplies diamonds, but I don't know how his prices compare to other places.

So, I clearly need lots of help :twirl:

Who else does jewelry in a similar style to LM? I like the classic and classy, somewhat traditional with a punch. I guess that's how I see LM.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nowicanseethemoon|1371659827|3468692 said:

Thanks for the welcome ladies. I haven't given him the specifics all in one conversation. But over the course of things we've talked about some of these things. Not all though. I should try to figure out the rest (especially the priority of the 4Cs).

Part of me thinks I'd rather have something colored - a colored diamond, which becomes very expensive, or a sapphire (I have a 4 ct. light cornflower blue antique cushion I wouldn't mind using)... But then I wonder if I'd be happy with something like that down the road. He is very into simple and I suppose I'm a classic girl myself. I'd rather have a very nice solitaire (with maybe some micro pave to make it sparkle) rather than a 3 stone or a halo.

As for metal, we've talked about it and he's a platinum guy which makes me quite happy. He doesn't care for yellow or rose gold at all, so I'm willing to go with his taste on that front.

I honestly don't know of many places to tell him to go for stones - I've done some work for a gem dealer in Switzerland that I know would give him a good deal and I've passed that on to him. And according to my research, LM supplies diamonds, but I don't know how his prices compare to other places.

Who else does jewelry in a similar style to LM? I like the classic and classy, somewhat traditional with a punch. I guess that's how I see LM.

Setting work like LM would be Steven Kirsch and Victor Canera. However, I'd throw in Engagement Ring Direct as a more affordable, CAD/CAST option, just in case your diamond stretched the budget. LM, SK, and VC are very very pricey.

For diamond, what shape are you looking for? Just a round brilliant?

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1371662972|3468729 said:
nowicanseethemoon|1371659827|3468692 said:

Setting work like LM would be Steven Kirsch and Victor Canera. However, I'd throw in Engagement Ring Direct as a more affordable, CAD/CAST option, just in case your diamond stretched the budget. LM, SK, and VC are very very pricey.

For diamond, what shape are you looking for? Just a round brilliant?

I think brilliant or cushion... I'm off to investigate all of your suggestions. Thank you.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're going with cushion, I'd suggest ERD for sure. They're kinda pros at sourcing all different types of cushions. For rounds, I'd just use IDJ or James Allen.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Official hi and welcome! If you like LM's work, I think many people have also had success with cushions procured by Perry (via LM's diamond concierge) so that is another option. Not sure on pricing compared to other cushions though. Hope your stay is short and that your man gets on the ball! Sounds like he is a good guy ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results