shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi I''m # 20 on the current LIW...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Ladies I am feeling down... To be perfectly honest it might have to do with Aunt Flo's Hormone Patrol
23.gif

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
ETA: Where did the long story go? That's what I was replying to, but by the time I got done typing, the saga was erased from your post!

Would you and he consider getting engaged with a "temporary" engagement ring (i.e. a really small diamond, a CZ, a colored gemstone, or a plain band) and then upgrading to your "real" engagement ring a a year or two later when you have saved up some money? I think that would be understandable to everyone since he did just spend so much on the house...

And I must admit that I'm the opposite of you- I'm 27 and I still feel like I'm too young to get married! I mean, once you are married you can't leave dishes in the sink for two days and other such things- you have to be a "real" adult (or so I tell myself)! My boyfriend and I have talked about getting married in 2009 (when I'm 29) and I need to keep reminding myself that 29 is a totally reasonable age to get married. I think most of this stems from the fact that not many of my friends are married yet (we're a very career minded bunch).

Anyhow, enough about me. Good luck with your situation!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
It''s nice to see you again BlackDiamond! A house definitely takes a lot of work (and a lot of money) so I can understand that your guy wants to make sure things are in order. My question is this....are you still wearing your gorgeous promise ring? Couldn''t he propose with that or take advantage of Whiteflash''s upgrade policy if things are tight? I''m just curious as to what the real issue is here...but it''s ok to feel down sometimes. Hang in there!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I completely understand after buying a house can be tough, my boyfriend added my ring to the mortgage, maybe yours can do the same??
He''s living from pay check to pay check and can''t get ahead, not even to work on the house.. Right now I''m working part-time, I can only afford to buy the food each week and make his lunch, which helps out a lot. Soon I''ll be able to help out a bit more by working more hours.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
all you need to get married is an officiant, a license, plain wedding bands, and a groom. you can get a nice ring later. I think it's nice (and smart) that ya'll bought a house.

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies! I took down the post because I thought I was just being too... I dunno... too much of a complainer??? Ugh... I was just so sad and frustrated and needed to type it all out...

Haver - He did buy me a gorgeous promise ring (thanks Irish
9.gif
) for our 3 year anniversary. I am just so damn antsy...
41.gif
I am one of those women who just knows that I am ready. We "live" as a married couple now, we just have not reached the steps of engagment and wedding. Patience is losing its grip on me... lol

Irish - Thanks for the welcome back!
35.gif
Huggs girlie! I have missed seeing you around and everyone else too. Been so hectic since last summer... Things are settling back down so I hope to be more apart of the forum and being a shoulder to cry on or an ear to chew.
25.gif
Funny you asked about the whole upgrade thing becuase just this weekend I asked him if he would like to do an upgarde with WF and he said no. I said are you sure, he was like yes. So that doesn''t seem likely... The issue is I am being impatient... Women all around me are getting married and pregnant... I love my life the way it is trust me, I just really want to get the ball rolling! Good things come to those who wait right???
37.gif

Mustang - Thanks for the vote of support! Isn''t it amazing how people just a couple generations ago were broker than us and scrapping by but still managed to keep a roof of their kids head, mom at home, and have at least 2 children? Sometimes I wish I was back in their days!
28.gif

Lady - Thank you for the comp about buying the house! A sacrifice but well worth it. We are so very happy!!! The longer time goes by, the more and more I am ready to do the whole courthouse thing. I really want to have a destination wedding though. We''ll see...
5.gif

Thank you ladies for replying and giving support. That is really what I was looking for when I posted... It means a lot!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results