shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
I have posted a little, and lurked a lot, and I just wanted to intro myself. So, Hi everyone. I have really enjoyed reading your stories- you all seem like such a right-on bunch.
I guess I am a LIW. My boyf bought a sapphire (which he has now hidden somewhere), we decided on getting it set by James Meyer in August. And then the ring is getting sent to B, and he has told me (I have asked about when he thinks he will propose countless times) that the timeline is none of my business (he usually grins knowingly when he says this). But I hope he won t keep me waiting too long.
I don t know what to say about myself. I am a PhD student, and will be spending a term at Notre Dame this Fall. Does anyone know anything about South Bend/ have any advice?

35.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!

I wish I had something cool to tell you about South Bend, but I''ve only really ever driven through it (and went to a football game once). If memory serves me correctly, though, there are some great little restaurants and coffee houses. I enjoyed one called Lola''s or Lula''s (can''t remember which, sorry).

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks misskitty- what a cute puppy by the way.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi there mousey! Congratulations on being a PhD student. That''s a huge accomplishment.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks dreamgirl- I really enjoy the PhD, but I am a bit worried about trying to get a job after....

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!!!!
1.gif

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks kribbie- I like the pic of your stone.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Welcome mousey :)
What are you working on for your PhD?

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Erinleigh. My PhD is in philosophy (hence the worrying about jobs
26.gif
). I really like it- the readings and the writing, though the public speaking (at grad conferences and the like) makes me a bit nauseous. I guess I should nt worry about jobs. I should just concentrate on getting it done, and then see how I get on in the job pool. But with this recession thing going on, all my friends are worried about their jobs, and those jobs are way more secure (law, teaching IT etc) than the ones I hope to get.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
sorry, i went to purdue so ND was one of the go there and die places
25.gif
not nearly as bad as IU though...

honestly i do have a couple friends who went there, and i''m planning on visiting one of these days (i transferred back to a college in southern IN to be closer to home) what type of advice are you looking for?

and welcome
35.gif

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks squirrly. I was thinking along the lines of ''you should nt leave the area without seeing...''. I am planning to go see the beaches on lake Michigan, cos a friend told me they were amazing. Also, maybe someones fav restaurant. that sort of thing.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, Welcome! Can''t wait to see your sapphire!
36.gif

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Hi mousey and welcome
35.gif

I hope you don''t have to wait too long
2.gif

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks snickle and Kittybling. That kitten is one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, Mousey
35.gif
! You seem like such a genuinely nice person! It''s great to have you here in LIW. Are you on the list yet?

Btw, i had to see a pic of your sapphire so I looked for it here on ps and went to the link you posted and it''s BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome ring twin!
35.gif

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Jaylex, thats so nice of you to say. I am not on he list yet- what do I have to do to get put on it?
Good to see you you ringtwin (i.e. stepcutgirl)

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 7:21:09 PM
Author: mousey
Thanks snickle and Kittybling. That kitten is one of the cutest things I have ever seen.
Thanks but its not mine
39.gif
Hopefully I''ll have a kitten one day!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I thought of you today! I put the down payment on that sapphire at wildfish!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Just saw your post stepcutgirl. Yay double yay and yay again. I sooooo hope you love it now! Purlease let me (and all other PSers- but esp me) know how you like it when it arrives.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Howdy! I''m a Domer but went there kinda long ago (97) and I guess South Bend and Notre Dame have really changed a lot since I was there. Definitely go to the football games for the atmosphere, and just enjoy walking around campus/the lakes. Congrats!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Logan Sapphire. I love the name Domer- I may adopt it!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 5:58:07 AM
Author: mousey
Just saw your post stepcutgirl. Yay double yay and yay again. I sooooo hope you love it now! Purlease let me (and all other PSers- but esp me) know how you like it when it arrives.

I will but it''s gonna be a while! It took us what felt like forever just to put up the 25% down payment! We''re only 1/4 the way there...so I won''t be getting super quickly. We''re gonna try to put something on it weekly though so we''ll see.

I still can''t wait to see yours! I wish you could take pics in the JM BEFORE he puts it into hiding or whatever it is he is going to do with it! Here''s to hoping you get it as soon as he gets it back!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results