shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi all! Anybody here have a chihuahua or other tiny dog?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Doesn''t bark yet? Sounds like she is just a little bit of a thing. I bet she''ll make up for lost time later, lol. Yes, I can understand worrying about hurting herself falling off the bed. During the day, mine sleep on everything and anything...usually nestled in a basket under a kazillion blankets. Their favorite spot is on the back of the couch, looking out the window. They play musical beds at night but usually have their favorite person they sleep with. We have become accustomed to our two different level chairs by the bed. Heck, forget about the spoiling--that''s what they are for!!
2.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
"Mom... you called me?"

sofachi.JPG

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 2:23:36 PM
Author: justjulia
Wow. Doesn''t bark yet? Sounds like she is just a little bit of a thing. I bet she''ll make up for lost time later, lol. Yes, I can understand worrying about hurting herself falling off the bed. During the day, mine sleep on everything and anything...usually nestled in a basket under a kazillion blankets. Their favorite spot is on the back of the couch, looking out the window. They play musical beds at night but usually have their favorite person they sleep with. We have become accustomed to our two different level chairs by the bed. Heck, forget about the spoiling--that''s what they are for!!
2.gif

Oh don''t I know it. She is going to be one of those bird/fly/mosquito/cloud announcers. Do you put the baskets high up on things? Like they instinctually know not to jump? Sometimes after DH gets up for work I''ll put Gracie up in the bed for a little morning snuggles - she might fall asleep, but I don''t, so I am not worried. I think I will go look at stairs and ramps today (I think Petco has some?)

I love spoiling the pups! That is why we get small dogs! To dress them in things and get them pretty doggie stuff! And, they *totally* know and recognize a new blankie!

Does anyone have any favorite websites?
www.oscarnewman.com is one I really like, and then www.lolaandpenelopes.com is a really cute boutique I came across while in STL and they have a website.

~Jennifer

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Eek - we were posting at the same time, I missed the pic!

SO CUTE!!! What a nuzzler that one is!!!

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
I had to post a newer pic after seeing Gracie in the Favorite Pricescope Pics thread...she is about one pound now and seems so much bigger...here is one of her sleeping. (Her seizures went to few and far between, and now she has not had one in a few weeks *crosses fingers*, so maybe the vet was right about her "growing out of it"). And, she does sleep like that with her arms up and on her back if she is sleeping in my lap, it is weird I know!
20.gif

graciesleeping1.jpg

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer, thanks for the words of advice. I know the small ones take more patience and love. You don''t wan''t to scare them or make them timid yippy dogs.

Your Gracie is sooo cute!

I have four boys and the lab and try to take her with us when we go to family (mostly so we won''t have to come home in two hours to put her out) so I am trying to help her socialize.

I make her walk on a lead, bring her to her special potty place and say the potty words, and she is doing great. She doesn''t know yet not to go in other places, but she always goes when I put her in her spot. So we''ll get there. (an i have to carry her down the steps)

This is a whole new world with the teeny dog. But I will start working on the sit....

thanks!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those pictures are so cute!!! Jennifer and JustJulia; I love the dogs!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
That is a great picture.

golden

Shiny_Rock
HEY!! HOW IS EVERYONE??

My icon is my PIERRE- he is 8 years old, almost 9- God willing. I love him so much, he is everything to us.
He is an "applehead, teacup" chihuahua and he is 3.1lbs

Pierre.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 6:44:35 PM
Author: golden
HEY!! HOW IS EVERYONE??

My icon is my PIERRE- he is 8 years old, almost 9- God willing. I love him so much, he is everything to us.

He is an ''applehead, teacup'' chihuahua and he is 3.1lbs

Oh my sweet mother of all chihuahuas. Pierre is awesome. The look on his face is all I need to know about his personality. He is a very little guy! Did you have any of the problems I described in the beginning of the thread?

35.gif
to Pierre!!!!

Jennifer

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 6:44:35 PM
Author: golden
HEY!! HOW IS EVERYONE??

He is an ''applehead, teacup'' chihuahua and he is 3.1lbs
Oh my, I just want to squeeze him. Adorable.

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Well I typed a long post and the mouse fell on top of the keyboard and all is lost. It was fate telling me I was giving TMI. Suffice to say, my 5 year old 3.5 pound old darling chihuahua has epilespy but she''s a happy sweet dog and I just hold her in a blanket and love her until it''s over. She has them only once every 3-4 weeks and is normal all the rest of the time. I would warn you about letting her jump on/off furniture, my little one hurt her back doing that and she still squeaks in pain when she moves in certain ways. She does not try to jump anywhere, anytime now, so I think it hurts her . BUT I know iit is really hard to keep them from doing that whe they are young and healthy cos they are so quick! I hope your dog is just sleeping and dreaming about chasing cats, she looks so darling.

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 10:58:21 PM
Author: HappyAnniversary
Well I typed a long post and the mouse fell on top of the keyboard and all is lost. It was fate telling me I was giving TMI. Suffice to say, my 5 year old 3.5 pound old darling chihuahua has epilespy but she''s a happy sweet dog and I just hold her in a blanket and love her until it''s over. She has them only once every 3-4 weeks and is normal all the rest of the time. I would warn you about letting her jump on/off furniture, my little one hurt her back doing that and she still squeaks in pain when she moves in certain ways. She does not try to jump anywhere, anytime now, so I think it hurts her . BUT I know iit is really hard to keep them from doing that whe they are young and healthy cos they are so quick! I hope your dog is just sleeping and dreaming about chasing cats, she looks so darling.

I hate when that happens to me! I delete something by accident and it''s ALWAYS something that was long!
40.gif

Oh I am sorry about your baby chi! That must be really hard to watch. Is there anything they can do for her? Or is that just the way it is.
Gracie could not jump on to a couch if her life depended on it, and I don''t put her on one unless I am holding her in my lap. She''d break one of those toothpick legs or something!

Please post a pic of your precious chi if you get a chance!!!
36.gif

doobao

Shiny_Rock
Looking at these adorable babies here makes me want to post pictures of my precious~
It warms my heart to know that so many fur babies out there are being loved the way they deserve!
36.gif

baby.jpg.JPG

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
DooBao - your pup has better hair then me!!!! Omg, no split ends!!!
25.gif

I love all the pup stuff, the fluffy pillow, cool leopard print rug...I have a little fake doggie divan (is that the right word?) that is leopard print for Gracie. I love leopard print stuff for small doggies (hence the harness). It is about 14 or 15 inches long and it is so cute. Like miniture furniture for dogs!

35.gif
to pretty Yorkies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results