Hey Rockdiamond ... You Need This

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

screen_shot_2016-03-19_at_0.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny...this is what you need to earn a little dough for your next Octavia upgrade :bigsmile:

_36782.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love the horns Kenny.
Our sound guy would Spit a Brick if I put that on stage....

Funny story- when I was a kid, I got a Marshall 1/2 stack.
We got a gig at an outdoor festival- full sound system with monitors ( the first time for me)
The very first chord I hit during sound check, the sound man totally freaked out.
"TURN THAT DAMN THING DOWN!!"

It was drowning out the PA system.
Since then I use little Fender Amps ( Pro Reverb is about 30 watts?)- easier on the back for old guys too.....

PPS_ the Marshall 21/2 stack from 1973 would fetch a nice pile-o change today.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah it's absolutely insane how expensive vintage gear is now.
Insane!

I have a pair of Sennheiser MD-441 mics I bought in Germany way back in the 70s.
I could probably trade them for that 9 ct Shirley Temple Fancy Deep Blue diamond.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1458493213|4008382 said:
Kenny...this is what you need to earn a little dough for your next Octavia upgrade :bigsmile:

Hey, that IS me! :mrgreen:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
True about Vintage gear Kenny.
If I was pissed at Gibson for something it's how they are really going overboard taking advantage of this.
Take a LP custom- beat the crap out of it- and sell if as a Frampton distressed model for $20k.....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, it's unfortunate for us who do not care about name dropping or 'prestige', only sound.

But if these kind of fans keep the company running that's a good thing.
Then they can make the vanilla models for us poor people. ;-)

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good googly moogly, some of the fun I could have with that!

RD love the Marshall story! To this day one of the loudest guitar heads I have ever heard was a Marshall JCM 2000 (I believe) played by the rhythm guitarist in an old melodic death metal band I was in. The other guitarist in the band played through a Line 6 stack and I could never hear him if we were playing some manner of heavy riff :lol:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Overpowered guitar players....ARGH!!

Last year played a really cool room called "The Brooklyn Bowl"
So cool to play there because they provide the front line. They have a whole mess of Fender Twins and Deluxe reverbs for guitar players, and amazing bass gigs as well.
I was playing Pedal Steel on the gig and there was a new guitar player.
The guy shows up with a Macintosh power amp ( 250 watts) and TWO x 2 12 inch JBL speakers.

Unfortunately I was stationed right next to the guy.
It was literally painful- ear blockers did not do $hit.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have any of you ever read Revival by Stephen King? I am not a guitar player, but I just read it and its protagonist is. Every rock guitar player he met had a limp handshake as if he were saving his power for playing and every rock song started in E. :wavey:

AGBF
:read:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1458631672|4009243 said:
Have any of you ever read Revival by Stephen King? I am not a guitar player, but I just read it and its protagonist is. Every rock guitar player he met had a limp handshake as if he were saving his power for playing and every rock song started in E. :wavey:

AGBF
:read:

I haven't, must pick it up at some point! I haven't noticed that about guitarists handshakes but yes - 99% of rock songs are in E or whatever note the lowest tuned string is tuned to. It's just the way it is if you are a rocker.

Even I'm guilty of it...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results