shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey luvthemstrawberries!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I have a question for you about Brides Against Breast Cancer. Did they have many non-traditional bridal gowns at the sale you went to? Or BM dresses? I already have my gown, but I need a reception dress. I definitely want something short and simple. Brides against Breast Cancer is coming to my state next week, but 2 hours away. Your experience made me want to check it out, but I guess I shouldn''t just go to go.

Thanks!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm... good question katamari! Hehe I was so surprised to see my name on a title.
3.gif
I do remember that they had a very wide selection of gown designs. Of course, the majority were white and ivory, but there were a good number of pink, blue, and silver ones too. There were all sorts of designs - strapless, ballgown, sheaths, halters, long trains, short trains, ruffles, everything! And this is only the selection they take with them on the road from their warehouse! I mean there were probably hundreds of dresses in that one room. And you get to pick through them yourself, sometimes with a volunteer helping you out.

I really enjoyed it, because there was absolutely no time limit. I was in there for hours on Saturday, and another few hours on Sunday. Saturday was really crowded, and the one dressing room was really hard to find a "corner" in, haha, but hardly anyone showed up to shop on Sunday.

The only thing I''m not sure about though is the short dresses. Now granted, I wasn''t looking for them, so I didn''t pay attention to if I saw them or not. But I don''t recall seeing many, if much at all, of the shorter styles. Most I saw were floor length. They split up the room in half - one side was the couture gowns, and the other side was the "regular" ones. On that side, they had everything from allover lace to allover beading to completely plain. So you could, in essence, find a simple gown and have it shortened I suppose. Don''t know if it''s worth driving 2 hours for, but it''s worth a shot I think, since they''re for a good cause, and so much cheaper. I examined my dress some more yesterday, and the quality is SOOOO nice. This was easily a $1000 dress, and I got it for $450 total ($500 price, and she took off $50 for me to get it spot cleaned for the 2 tiny spots on the train).

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
This is the photographer''s website that was there to take photos of people who wanted, usually when they found their dress. I didn''t like his style, and the 2 dresses I''m here I didn''t like that much. I don''t like his styling of the way we stood either - I think wrapping the dress around the body is kind of unflattering. Anyway, here it is: http://digitaleventz.com/pages/babc1/babc1.html. There are 2 pages - the link to the second is on the bottom. All these dresses are long, but they''re also usually ones, like I said, that girls actually picked for their "wedding dress."

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I just found their main headquarters (in Oregon) number: 503-491-8091

I know their warehouse is in South Carolina, but that''s the only contact I can find. Maybe they can tell you what they carry, or connect you to the warehouse and somebody there could? The women who worked on the tour who actually worked with the dresses (I assume they work in the warehouse usually when not on tour) knew SOOOOO much about their inventory - even about the ones they had actually on the tour with them. If you could get one of them on the phone, they may be able to tell you if they have shorter, more playful style dresses in their selection. I hope they to - it was such a great experience for me, I know you''d enjoy it!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Oooo! Go here: http://makingmemories.org/eastern_division.html. It''s the link to their warehouse website. It gives their hours when they''re open and not on the road. So I''d assume that during the week, they''re not on the road - you could call one of the numbers down at the bottom - Barbara or Betty - and talk to them about what they''re bringing to your location. I''m 95% sure Barbara was the one on the road the weekend I went that knew SO much about the inventory, and I think another woman that gave me a lot of advice was Betty. They''re both older women, hehe and very blunt and honest with you, but they know bridal dresses up and down, and they know THEIR dresses even more. Barbara was basically in charge of it all, and she was sitting on the side all weekend giving people seamstress advice, fixing veils for them, etc. Very helpful. So if you can get in touch with them (their numbers are right there) you might be able to get a firsthand opinion on what they have to offer.
1.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Thank you SO, SO, SO much for all this info! You are the best!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I unfortunately missed them this weekend, but I still left a message with them. Hopefully they will get back with me. Otherwise, I might still check it out, because I have a friend in Cleveland that I have been meaning to visit. (I just don''t want to become a 2 dress bride. . .).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results