Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey DF! Recommendation for a reputable watch dealer?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,244
Where can I get an RM watch from? Interested in the RM007. Doesn't have to be all diamond-studded.

Thank you.
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,244
DF, thanks.

Isn't that like a market place where sellers advertise their watches and buyers deal directly with them?

I'm looking more for a reputable dealer. I'm scared of being duped into buying a fake.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,548
Phoenix|1462194676|4026120 said:
DF, thanks.

Isn't that like a market place where sellers advertise their watches and buyers deal directly with them?

I'm looking more for a reputable dealer. I'm scared of being duped into buying a fake.
They're reputable dealers, and I haven't heard anything bad about buying from that site. Did you try Googling an AD dealer near you? remember to ask for a big discount... ;))
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,244
DF, thank you.

I looked on that site and apparently, you're supposed to contact the seller; which makes me think that I'd be dealing with an individual who owns and now wants to sell their watch. I guess I'm not altogether adverse to buying from an individual, but I'd have to ask them if I could bring the watch to RM to have it authenticated. Now, I wonder if RM would offer this service?

What do you mean an AD dealer? You mean local watch dealers? I'm wary of secondhand dealers here generally speaking, bc I've come across fake pieces.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,548
Phoenix|1462212642|4026195 said:
DF, thank you.

I looked on that site and apparently, you're supposed to contact the seller; which makes me think that I'd be dealing with an individual who owns and now wants to sell their watch. I guess I'm not altogether adverse to buying from an individual, but I'd have to ask them if I could bring the watch to RM to have it authenticated. Now, I wonder if RM would offer this service?

What do you mean an AD dealer? You mean local watch dealers? I'm wary of secondhand dealers here generally speaking, bc I've come across fake pieces.
Yes an authorized RM dealer near you.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,548
Phoenix|1462247231|4026402 said:
Ah ok. What kind of discount can I ask for ?
I'd start at 30% off MSRP... ;)) . the watch market is weak now. About 6 month ago Patek cut its retail price here in the US by 7%. That's unheard of from Patek Philippe, but an AD told me since PP cut their retail prices they no longer can offer a big discount like they can in the past, so I guess it all comes out the same after all... :wacko:

What is the MSRP on the RM 007 ? about $100K?
 

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
9,244
Dancing Fire|1462251318|4026427 said:
Phoenix|1462247231|4026402 said:
Ah ok. What kind of discount can I ask for ?
I'd start at 30% off MSRP... ;)) . the watch market is weak now. About 6 month ago Patek cut its retail price here in the US by 7%. That's unheard of from Patek Philippe, but an AD told me since PP cut their retail prices they no longer can offer a big discount like they can in the past, so I guess it all comes out the same after all... :wacko:

What is the MSRP on the RM 007 ? about $100K?
OMG!! Really? I'm for sure going to try. I notice, incidentally, that the luxury market has really slowed down.. jewellery/ diamonds, Hermes handbags etc...not surprised to hear about watches too. I guess that's to do with the Chinese not having as much money as before and also fears of a global slowdown.

RM007 comes in all kinds of permutations. The one I'm looking at retails for SGD152k (USD 113k approx). My friend has one that's like SGD200k+, but hers is all diamond-studded.

OMG, 30% off would be awesome!! :appl:

Thank you, DF. That's all very helpful infor.

rm007_mj.jpg

rm07_phx_2.jpg
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,548
Good luck Phoenix....after you buy the watch be sure to post some wrist shots... :wink2:
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top