shape
carat
color
clarity

He''s going to look at a stone tomorrow!

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
So excited! My boyfriend told me he''s going in to Quest Jewelers to check out a diamond tomorrow! He''s in discussion with Pete, if anyone is familiar with the store. I told him to get photos and an ASET image...am hoping Quest provides that sort of thing.

Anyway, I guess that''s all I know for now, just wanted to share :)

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
yaaaaay!

is he going to check out one specific stone, or is he browsing for a stone?

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
He talked to them already and I know there is one specific stone they have on hand already that he will look at. We know more or less what we want, it just matters how close we can get to those things for the budget.

The aim is 0.9-1ct oval. Excellent or VG cut, I or higher color, SI1 or higher clarity. And nooo bowtie. That''s also why I''m keen to show photos to pricescope, I''m not exactly sure what I''m looking for there.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like it will be gorgeous
1.gif
What type of setting are you looking at getting?

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! It''s going to be more or less a solitaire, but we are going to set it sideways to make it more unique. So, just trying to figure out a good side profile that is interesting and still allows most any wedding band to be put with it.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Eek!!! How exciting!

The important thing to look for in a "no bowtie" bowtie is that the dark areas will light up at various tilt angles. Any oval will show a little obstruction from time to time, but it shouldn''t be evident at every angle.

Ovals are so romantic! - for some reason they remind me of lace.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, how exciting!! I hope he finds the perfect stone tomorrow so the search will be over. Then he can propose sooner! Yippeeee!

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Sadness. It didn''t turn out to be a great experience. Pete stressed that the appt had to be at 10am, then when my boyfriend got there, he had to wait for 1/2 an hour while Pete finished up with some other customers. That by itself wasn''t necessarily the bad thing, but then he showed BF the only oval he had in stock and proceeded to tell him that this oval was the best he was going to be able to do for his price range, and that all ovals have a bowtie.

The oval he saw was 1.01ct, E, VS2, good cut for $3500. Which I feel is more or less competitively priced, but I''d be happy to go down in color and clarity to get an oval with no bowtie. And from what I''ve seen on here, it is definitely possible to get an oval with minimal bowtie.

So frustrating. I''m hoping now that we will work with GOG or equiv. to get the stone, but I still wanted Quest to make the setting because I know they do good custom work, and they carry the designer who''s design I want to customize.
7.gif

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear that but, when you find the right one it''s gonna be so worth it! Good luck!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh darn! That stinks that your SO didn''t have the best experience. Hopefully it goes better with GOG!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results