shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''s a question - if you paid for your BMs'' dresses (really or hypothetically) ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
... would you also get them something to give them at the rehearsal dinner?

I was thinking about buying some cute, yet inexpensive, cosmetics cases off of Etsy, and filling them with a lip gloss (MAC Spring Bean b/c it looks good on everyone!), a personalized compact mirror, and this little star necklace (also from Etsy). Or should I just let it go at the dresses?

My other thought was to get monogrammed Boat N Totes from LL Bean, and fill them with a pashmina and some flipflops.

il_430xN.127048660.jpg

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I would say do what you are comfortable with...

I didn''t purchase their dress, but I did buy them shoes of their choice and am paying for their makeup(if they choose to have it done)...but I did have their favorite color/birth gemstone set in a pendant from an etsy vendor for their gifts to be given at the rehearsal dinner.

I think that necklace is gorgeous by the way. Simple and elegant!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am and I am also paying for shoes, makeup and hair - much to the contention of FMIL who thinks I shouldn''t but I am planning on getting the girls a pair of Freshamda pearl earings to wear on the day that will double as a gift - I figure a beautiful pair of pearls is re-wearable :).

I think what you have planned is great but it is entirely up to you what you feel comfortable with :)

I really love those necklaces do you mind sharing the seller? :)

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 5:12:20 AM
Author: Deelight
I am and I am also paying for shoes, makeup and hair - much to the contention of FMIL who thinks I shouldn''t but I am planning on getting the girls a pair of Freshamda pearl earings to wear on the day that will double as a gift - I figure a beautiful pair of pearls is re-wearable :).

I think what you have planned is great but it is entirely up to you what you feel comfortable with :)

That''s awesome -- there''s no way I can cover all of that!

Seller is MadeBySam
21.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
If I did have bridemaids I would've bought their dress and a gift. I think your gift ideas are really cute, I love that star necklace!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
My fiance and I are paying for our wedding, and we are really trying to keep expenses down, so I will likely not go crazy with gift-giving. I let my bridesmaids (my sisters) choose their dress, and they ended up with a pretty expensive dress (about $300). I thought that was too much, so I paid the 50% deposit on their dresses. I will also likely get them a small gift or wedding day accessories as a gift. Even though they have already warned me that they do not want me to get them anything else. I think it is great to treat your bridesmaids and help them out with wedding attire if you are able to afford it.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that star necklace is really cute!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I just want to give them a little something to make them feel like it''s their day, too. Because it sort of is.

I think I''m going to stick to my first idea. If I buy one part of it, say every other paycheck, I can stretch the expenditures out.

I also love the idea of the lip gloss. MAC Spring Bean is my favorite -- and it''s GREEN, like my wedding flowers. (It goes on as a caramel color -- don''t ask me why!)

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
The dresses I picked out were quite expensive - $250 - and there was no way I was making my two girls pay for them. My MOH has a very good job and plenty of money, so she didn't want to let me pay for any of it. However, when I filled out the order form, there was a spot for me to put my credit card info so I sneakily paid for half of her dress
27.gif

We ended up paying for all of SIL's dress because she was a poor college student at the time.

For BM gifts, I just got them something small. I have a favorite chocolate store with amazing truffles, so I got each of them a small box of truffles (for about $40 each). I really wanted to get them something, but I definitely didn't want to spend a lot more money. I considered jewelry, but I couldn't find anything that I was sure both of them would like for less than $50 and I figured everybody likes chocolate!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think its up to you and what you feel comfortable with. Your ideas for additional gifts are really great!

I am paying for dresses, shoes, hair makeup and then I also got my 4 lovely ladies Coach makeup bags in which I am putting Tiffany Notes Alphabet disk charms which each persons initial on it. Even I think I am going a bit overboard and I am definitely NOT the norm! And remember...its really not about the gifts...I keep having to remind myself that when I want to add even more to their goodie bags!
9.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 8:19:26 PM
Author: Bjedifish
I think its up to you and what you feel comfortable with. Your ideas for additional gifts are really great!

I am paying for dresses, shoes, hair makeup and then I also got my 4 lovely ladies Coach makeup bags in which I am putting Tiffany Notes Alphabet disk charms which each persons initial on it. Even I think I am going a bit overboard and I am definitely NOT the norm! And remember...its really not about the gifts...I keep having to remind myself that when I want to add even more to their goodie bags!
9.gif

Wow, those are awesome gifts!!! But I hear ya -- I want to give them the moon. But it''s hard with seven girls on a writer''s salary.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
We paid for all the BM dresses and shoes and the GMs shirts and pants for our DW. On the day of the wedding, we paid for all of their hair, peds and manis, and they did their own makeup.

I gave them each the wedding day jewelry (silver starfish, freshwater pearl and swarovski crystal necklace and matching earrings) and flip-flops they could wear during the reception. I also bought them a terry bathrobe with a hoodie that I had monogrammed.

It seems like alot when I typed it, but we didn''t really spend that much and we also spaced it out so that it wasn''t a huge chunk all at once.

We found the BM dresses at the Gap on sale for just under $50 and bought them. The MOH dress we found at Nordstrom during an end of season sale for $40. The GMs pants and shirts were also from the Gap and Old Navy and we found them on sale for $12 for the shirts and $16 for the pants and called them up on the spot to get sizes and ordered them.

The bathrobes I bought during the semi-annual sale at Bed, Bath & Beyond also for $12.50 (originally $50) and had them monogramed with their initials.

We built the cost of hair and mani/pedi''s into the budget from the beginning to avoid surprises.

That said, I LOVE the idea of the LL Bean totes! They are also on the list of 100 items every stylish woman should have (according to Nina Garcia) and that would be such a great gift!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
My mom paid for their dresses, but I''m getting them all a pretty brooch from Swarovski.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I gave my girls the option of me buying the dress for them instead of a bridesmaid gift, which they jumped all over. I''m also getting them gifts, but now it''ll be a surprise since they think the dress is the gift. I just have to think of something that they''d like to have - the idea of the little makeup cases with lip gloss is great! I''m also paying for their jewelry, hair and makeup, if they would like it professionally done. I love giving gifts, so I have to be careful not to go completely overboard because like shertz said, I would give them the moon if I could!

I will say that all my girls were totally thrillsville to not have to pay for their dresses even knowing that they "weren''t" getting a gift, so I think that if you just wanted to offer the dress as their gift, it would be fine.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 9:53:13 AM
Author: shertz1981
Date: 3/18/2010 5:12:20 AM

Author: Deelight

That''s awesome -- there''s no way I can cover all of that!

Seller is MadeBySam
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results