shape
carat
color
clarity

Her ring: Whiteflash and Mark Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dfm00

Rough_Rock
Hi, Everyone. My Whiteflash stone (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photoshoot-and-vendor-experiences-and.58496/) is finally in its new home, a platinum micropave split shank by Mark Patterson. I couldn''t be happier with the results; the crafstmanship is lovely to my eye, and the ring is beautiful. At first the prongs seemed a bit big (I know most here like their dainty prongs) but they''re not bulky or clumsy (and look larger than reality in pics) and I like them as a design element. I don''t know anything about the melee beyond that they''re full cut F/G-VS, but the pave sparkles like crazy. As does the center, of course; the sparkle and flashes in direct sunlight are literally blinding! I''ve been carrying the ring around with me and enjoying looking at it in all kinds of light (I may have driven home from the jewelry store with it on my finger, but I''m not admitting anything
2.gif
). Proposal will be in a couple of weeks, feels like ages from now. I don''t have any professional pics, but took some of my own during the sun''s brief appearance this weekend. Thought I''d share them here to help me resist the urge to show the ring to everyone IRL...

Dave

CSC0209small.jpg

dfm00

Rough_Rock

DSC0173small.jpg

dfm00

Rough_Rock
bit blurry one on my finger

DSC0194small.jpg

dfm00

Rough_Rock
Profile, with a subtle plug for the B&M where I purchased the ring. Mann''s Jewelers in Rochester, NY. Great to work with.

DSC0179small.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it''s beautiful! I love the setting, and it''s a gorgeous stone! Good job!

*M*

DSC0195small.jpg

dfm00

Rough_Rock
Sideview

dfm00

Rough_Rock
Last one, thanks for looking!

Dave

DSC0203small.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so beautiful! Both the diamond and setting are beautiful! You did good
2.gif

waitingimpatiently

Rough_Rock
Beautiful. Great job! She will go crazy when she sees it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just stunning, you did a great job!!!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, what a gorgeous ring!!! I just love split shanks and the setting looks top notch and stunning with your killer stone. What a great job you did, congrats on your engagement!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! That is a beautiful ring and a gorgeous diamond! I love how the setting is blingy, but still acts as a showcase for the center stone.

I agree with you about the prongs being a cool design element. I don''t think they''re overpowering at all...they look as if they''re barely touching the diamond. Almost like a tension setting.

Congratulations! I can''t wait to see handshots after she says yes!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 11:48:58 PM
Author: dfm00
Profile, with a subtle plug for the B&M where I purchased the ring. Mann''s Jewelers in Rochester, NY. Great to work with.
Beautiful ring!!!

But what really caught me here is that I am from Rochester, too! I am here this week visiting my fam (I live in Ontario, Canada) now and I can''t believe the snow, so crazy!!!

Anyway, I couldn''t believe my eyes when I saw that.

Maybe I even saw you driving...I was blinded by some bling lol.....

congrats!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Best wishes to you both!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
YES!! YES!! YES!!

Just getting you ready for what she (
30.gif
)
is going to say!!
The ring is "
GORGE-A-MOUS!"

DKS

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT.

Why two weeks? I will bet it is driving you kooky to not be doing it NOW.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That''s just beautiful!!!

You did an awesome job- she is going to LOVE it!!!

Congrats and cant wait for your proposal story!!!!! Make sure to post hand shots too!!!!
2.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely ring, Dave! You bet she''s going to say "yes"!!!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! congrats!!...how are you going to propose?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring!! I love split shank rings and I''m sure there will be a resounding YES!! Good Luck and please post more pictures after she says yes.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring...you did an outstanding job
36.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring for a gorgeous diamond. A perfect match!!!

Don''t ya just love it when a plan comes together!!!
2.gif

Great job!!!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
That''s an absolutely amazing ring. She''s going to love it.

dfm00

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the comments, all. I''m absolutely ecstatic with the ring and I know she’ll love it. But it’s nice to hear that others with impeccable taste agree with me!

Diamondfan, kooky is a good description. There have been so many exciting moments that I wanted to share with her but couldn’t during the last few months…finding Pricescope and reading everything ever posted, stalking Whiteflash and finally choosing a stone, buying the setting, receiving the completed ring... Actually having it in my pocket has been the toughest yet. But things are a little crazy for both of us right now, so I can wait 1.5 weeks until the time is a little better.

NYCsparkle (et al), the proposal will be private and pretty simple because I know that’s what she’d like. She has made it clear that she wouldn’t want a public proposal, much to my pleasure and agreement. I’ve saved tons of pictures, ticket stubs, wine corks, etc. during the time we’ve been together. We keep saying we need to make a scrapbook-type-thing, so I’ve finally done that. I’m going to surprise her with it, probably on a “spontaneous” picnic in a local park. The last page will have the date of the proposal, and several covered panels that she’ll reveal one by one; a picture of the park, a picnic basket, etc. I’m pretty sure we’ll get to that point with the surprise intact. The last picture she uncovers will be of the ring box. Then down to one knee/my spiel/show her the real thing! Dinner that night at a restaurant in town where we had a wonderful 3 hour, 7 course tasting menu dinner for her birthday last year. We got to talking to the waiter that night, and he said that with a week’s notice the chef will do a personalized tasting menu. So I’m having them design one around her favorite foods, and print out the description of the courses personalized with our names, date, etc.

I can’t wait!

Dave

dfm00

Rough_Rock
Sophie, small world! I''m from CT originally, but have been here since 2002 in medical/graduate school at the U of R. I''m really enjoying my time here, even more than I thought I would. I think I''ve seen at least one other person on Pricescope mention Rochester, RIT, and Cornell''s Jewelers (also a beautiful store). Yeah crazy, not enjoying the snow and cold. That''s what I get for letting Rochacha convince me that spring had arrived, should have known better...Hope you''ve had a good visit home anyway (I know you''ve gotta miss the Pittsford Wegmans!)

Haha, sorry if it was I that almost caused you to drive off the road!

Dave

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
WOW!!!! Beautiful~~~ I need my sunglasses!!!
10.gif
Now THAT is some BLING!!!!!
emsmiled.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dave, that ring is simply stupendous! I love it, and I''m sure she will too. But if not, send it my way, k?
9.gif

You did GREAT!!
36.gif

And good luck!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s stunning! Congrats!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results