shape
carat
color
clarity

help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
we are leaving for camping today! i''m soo excited.

unfortunately, i''m also hoping against hope, wishing against wish that it will be the big weekend

a couple months after we started dating we went camping up north and it was the first time we really talked about *the future* (as we walked in the snowy woods under the stars, it was so romantic!) and i had told him that if he were to ever propose that i would want it to be at a moment like that. i know he remembers because he mentioned it a few weeks ago...but it was followed by a "well yeah, but then if we went up north it would be obvious" and i reminded him that we were going up north for both my brothers wedding (two weeks ago) and camping. This was followed by a big "yeah right, you wish!" by him (in a funny way, not a mean way). anyways, it would all just be so perfect...

however

i know it''s not going to happen. he has been telling me so many stories lately that he can''t even keep them straight (i.e. that he just called in a stone, that he decided not to go with whiteflash, that the ring was done two weeks ago, etc etc). anyways through it all i did get the impression that he didn''t have it, and whats more he''s not acting any differently or especially excited for the trip, which i would maybe sort of expect him to? anyways, i am trying everything i know to guard myself against the disappointment of it not happening. i know it will be a great trip and we are going to have a ton of fun and it''s not like it would ruin the trip for me. but i am scared that i am going to get home and not have a ring and be disappointed that the last great opportunity of the summer has came and went and that it means that he really is going to make me wait for a decent amount of time. (it will also mean that my chances for a winter wedding are out the window).

SO

tell me a proposal on an abandoned beach under the stars is cliche. tell me it''s too predictable! tell me that i wouldn''t even be able to put the ring on because of all the mosquito bites ironically present on my ring finger. tell me anything! lie to me girls! anything to get my hopes so low that they couldn''t possibly be let down.

i just don''t want to be sad about it when i get home. and i don''t want him to even have the slightest idea that i am a little bit bummed it didn''t happen.
7.gif

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Awww, I feel for you! I know the feeling of wanting it SO bad. I can’t say anything that will get your hopes lower but I can tell you this: (It always helps me when I feel anxious)

You are with the man of your dreams. The one person that you can look at and see your future. He is going to be your HUSBAND someday (hopefully sooner then later
2.gif
). I know nothing could make the trip better then getting that proposal that you are waiting for, but if it doesn’t happen this weekend, think about how lucky you are to have found the man that you can’t live without and that you want to share your life with. Have FUN this weekend (camping sounds awesome!) and I’ll be crossing my fingers for you.

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Even if it doesn''t happen this weekend, he still may do it on some abstract day, while you two are watching tv or something. It happened to my FF''s cousin that way. It was still really romantic and cute the way the guy did it. So even if it''s not this weekend, it may be sooner than you think, and you could still have your winter wedding!

PS I''ve heard that guys don''t usually act any different until the day of, and sometimes not even then. You can totally expect him to try and confuse you to "throw you off his scent" haha.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
I just can''t find it in myself to say something that will lower your hopes...

but I hope you have an awesome weekend! Whereabouts are you going camping?

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
thanks girls!

lysama - we are going to northport, which is at the tip of the leelanau peninsula in northern michigan. it''s my favorite place in the world!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
mimzy - how was camping?
1.gif

I''d love to see that part of Michigan... someday!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 10:03:41 AM
Author: lsyama
mimzy - how was camping?
1.gif

I''d love to see that part of Michigan... someday!

it was awesome! even though nothing overly notable took place, it was still an amazing vacation and we had some really good quality time :) i got a little bummed on the way home, but nothing as bad as i had sort of anticipated. it''s too pretty up there to be too sad! obviously no ring/hand shot, but some pictures anyways!

usdunes.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
a view from our campsite!

P1011126.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
sunrise!

P1011165.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Awww, you are such a cutie!! (And he''s really adorable too, nice work!
2.gif
I''m glad you had fun, and don''t worry, it''ll come eventually, babe.
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
great photos! I know your disappointment when it doesn''t happen! Hopefully it will happen soon for you

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
beautiful photos!
i like the huge sand dune - just imagining the workout you could get running up and down that thing!!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 4:05:09 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Awww, you are such a cutie!! (And he''s really adorable too, nice work!
2.gif
I''m glad you had fun, and don''t worry, it''ll come eventually, babe.
1.gif

hehe thanks! i think i snagged myself a cute one ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results