color
clarity

Help...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes... **edited by moderator. please be kind to new members**

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Seems like you were able to answer his questions alright!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
You did great. Not sure why the yikes.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe about the comment about wanting to buy a diamond but not enough money to insure it.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I don't get the "yikes" comment? Does it refer to Jonathon's informational post about a GIA report frequently being mistakenly called a "certificate" on PS?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Usually newbies are past that "what is the GIA" point." And it sounded like the guy thought the GIA was the same as the VIN number on a car. As it was Sunday night and dead on RT and I was on Vicodin for pain I was feeling overwhelmed.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
gypsy how are you feeling?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1319524369|3047115 said:
gypsy how are you feeling?

I was diagnosed with RA and may have Lupis (this was Friday). BUT!!!!! Bleeding issues are over though since the surgery last month though so it's ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS to not have that. I can't even tell you how great it is. I'm going to get a Mirena next month too, so even better. As soon as I talk to my MD about the meds he wants to put me on for the RA and it kicks in and these hands and feet of mind return to some semblance of normal I think I'll be much better and ready to get back to normal stuff. So over all, optimistic.

Thank you for asking honey.

How are you?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I know I don't post around here much but I had to respond and tell you that you are probably feeling pretty scared and overwhelmed at the moment, but things will get better.

I was diagnosed with RA about 7 years ago, and it was the most frightening thing of my life. But once I started methotrexate and things started to improve that I felt more positive.

If you want to ask anything or need more info, you can start another thread or something if you want. Seriously, you can ask me anything!

There is heaps on info out there, I found joining an online support group invaluable. I know it's not everyone's thing, but you do get to chat to so many different people about their experiences, pain, meds etc and it's so nice to have other people that understand the impact that RA will have on your life.

I am part of a rheumatoid information group on that site that shall not be mentioned. You can google the Spoon Theory, it's a great read and sums up exactly what it's like to live with a chronic illness on a daily basis.

I have never wanted to send another PS another virtual hug as much as I do know. I hope my post doesn't come across as all negative, I just know what you are going through.

Hugs and wishing you lots of spoons, Steph :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am soooooo sorry, too, Gypsy. My dear aunt suffered with RA for many years. It is one of those things I so wish they would find the cure for. But hopefully they can find the right meds for you and you'll be feeling much better. I know you've had a hard time with your health. {{{hugs}}}

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi honey, thanks so much for your wonderful post. My doctor has prescribed me methotrexate as well but I'm afraid to take it.

My maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother both had RA and my mom has both RA and Lupis (and a maternal great aunt also has Lupis) so I've always known it's a possibility. My mom has very bad osteoporosis from being put on steroid anti-inflammatory for too long, so I refused to be put on those.

My MD didn't tell me what my options for medications were just started to write the script for the prednisone and I said no, so he switched it to methotrexate (with folic acid as well). And I would just have felt better to know what all there is I can take, and what the pluses and minuses of each is.

So yeah, I'm definitely overwhelmed and under-informed. I have to go in for x-rays to see if there's been any damage to my hands already and I'm scared to find out.

It's just been... well, it is what it is, right? I'm so sorry you have RA as well (HUGS)). I may start a separate thread soon. It's a good idea.

I will google spoon theory and see what it has to offer. Thank you so much for posting, can you tell me how the Methotrexate has been (positives and negatives?)... that would be a huge help to me right now.

Many hugs and much gratitude. ((HUGS)) Layla

Thank you so much DS and ((HUGS)) right back.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
No probs Gypsy, honestly I started a response but realised I was going to write a novel. I am at work at the moment, but when I get home tonight, I will write a proper response. I have so much to tell you about mtx, it's really a great drug, yes it has it's side effects, but they are all much better than permanent joint damage.

Will post again really soon I promise!

Steph :twirl:

Oh and now you have been officially diagnosed, you need to know that having an autoimmune disease gives you the right to have a nanna nap anytime you want!! They are almost prescribed!!! Never underestimate your need to rest and get plenty of sleep - the single best thing you can do for managing your condition. ;))

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy-I hope you get started on the right meds and start feeling better really soon. Did your md want to put you in prednisone long-term? I was on it for a few months and swore I'd never take it again for anything. I agree that rest & sleep are musts.

Honey-I just had to thank you for posting the suggestion for the Spoon Theory - it was perfectly written. There's also a very good article called With Enough Aspirin that I have read so many times, I could probably recite it!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis and I hope you get the information and support you need. **hugs** to you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results