shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with wording!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''ve tried a gazillion searches and am probably being thick but haven''t come up with anything to copy so:

I''ve had a load of requests for registry info. Since it goes live next weekend I need to put it up on the website.

On the Gift Registry page, should I just put.

"We have registered at John Lewis, list number xxx" and leave it like that (which seems to be rather blunt).

Or, is there a way of saying:

a) We don''t expect a gift
b) Our registry is at xxx
c) If you hate all the things on our list and buying one will cause you severe pain, then please do give us anything that YOU like...

Everytime I try to write it it comes out as sounding overly ''we don''t want to ask for gifts'' in a kind of totally apologetic, trying hard not to say you should buy us something way - which is almost as bad as saying ''blank cheques would be good thanks!''

Bright ideas anyone?

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I really think it''s best to just be straightfoward and say simply, we are registered here. Any time I see people try to say that they don''t want presents, it just seems to call more attention to the fact and seems really unnecessary and awkward.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2008 4:58:38 PM
Author: Sabine
I really think it''s best to just be straightfoward and say simply, we are registered here. Any time I see people try to say that they don''t want presents, it just seems to call more attention to the fact and seems really unnecessary and awkward.
I agree, Pan, I would just say something like, " In response to those who have requested details of our registry, we are registered with John Lewis xxxx." I think just refer to it in a straightforward manner as Sabine suggested.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

Sabine - you''ve hit the nail on the head. Exactly what I didn''t want to end up doing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results