shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with wedding band!

WellsyBells

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I’m new here, but have been poring over the pages reading about everyone’s diamonds and rings. Everyone here seems so kind and helpful, and SO knowledgeable! I thought I would ask about my ring. I have a just over 3ct emerald set in white gold, band is 1.6mm. I have a plain band as my wedding band, but have been thinking I would also like a delicate diamond band. Very delicate, not too much metal. The bands with larger stones, while gorgeous, detract from the stone, in my opinion. Does anyone have any ideas? I should also say, I don’t mind a gap between the rings. I had my stone reset lower than it was originally because I kept knocking it on things. I’ve attached (not very good) pictures. Thank you! 836F05EF-EA7B-4602-BDBF-9A4766C75436.jpeg 939D4E2B-420D-4D90-A44F-E50770801758.jpeg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a few days ago someone was mentioning Leon Mege’s “string theory” micro pave bands. That would look nice I think.

WellsyBells

Rough_Rock
Just a few days ago someone was mentioning Leon Mege’s “string theory” micro pave bands. That would look nice I think.

Thank you! I just looked, those are beautiful! Question for you or anyone else, it seems that prices for micro pave bands are all over the place. What is a reasonable amount to spend on a delicate pave band, 1.5ish mm?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I just looked, those are beautiful! Question for you or anyone else, it seems that prices for micro pave bands are all over the place. What is a reasonable amount to spend on a delicate pave band, 1.5ish mm?

Depends on quality of diamonds and metal work, and level of detail. For the hand forgers, like Leon Mege, Victor Canera, the prices are as you see, and I think around $2.5K for Victor Canera. If anyone has bought one recently, please correct me. If there is more detail like Erika Winters or Single Stone, it could range from $3K and up. Simpler and cast work can be ???. Check out Whiteflash. Prices are posted.

I think Leon's bands are priced fairly, for what they are. If I knew it was a perfect fit for my purposes, I would not be averse to getting one. I would buy them knowing they are delicate and would require some care.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful classic ring. So elegant. I would love a tiny pave band with that stunner.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
What about something like this? I just pulled a random image from the internet but lots of jewellers sell variants. I've just got a platinum one from Blue Nile.

1604136211783.png

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A vintage single-cut or French cut band would look amazing with your beautiful EC too.
I think a few PSers have micropavé bands from Zina Fine Jewelry and have been quite happy with them if you wanted to try it out? An engraved band would also be lovely.

WellsyBells

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for all of your help and ideas! I will take a look at some of your suggestions, and probably post some pictures along the way for advice/opinions. Thank you again!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this one... it's on my wish list and my e-ring is similar to your which by the way is stunning!!!! This is seven stones but an eternity would also be lovely.

Reactions: ean

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I'd get either an engraved band or something geometric.
Baguette.jpg
Geometric.jpg

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i just wanted to say how beautiful your diamond ring is. it's sublime on your hand!
im wondering if the 1.6mm band is comfortable for you?? and how do you like it??

WellsyBells

Rough_Rock
i just wanted to say how beautiful your diamond ring is. it's sublime on your hand!
im wondering if the 1.6mm band is comfortable for you?? and how do you like it??

Thank you so much! Honestly, I have gone back and forth with the setting (in my head). I think it’s beautiful as a solitaire, and that’s what I always wanted and told my now husband I wanted. But sometimes I want to add tapered baguettes to it. Maybe down the road I will. Anyway, to answer your question, the 1.6mm is very comfortable! I haven’t had any issues with it, and I’ve worn it daily for about a year. I take it off at home though, to work out, etc. I like the look of the thin band because my fingers are SO short between my knuckles where my ring goes.

WellsyBells

Rough_Rock
I love this one... it's on my wish list and my e-ring is similar to your which by the way is stunning!!!! This is seven stones but an eternity would also be lovely.

I love this one! I have debated between a very delicate pave or delicate baguette band. I cannot make up my mind when it comes to this! I’m very decisive in all other parts of my life but for some reason my wedding jewelry is making me crazy!

WellsyBells

Rough_Rock
A vintage single-cut or French cut band would look amazing with your beautiful EC too.
I think a few PSers have micropavé bands from Zina Fine Jewelry and have been quite happy with them if you wanted to try it out? An engraved band would also be lovely.

I was looking at a French cut vintage band from erstwhile jewelry before we got married, but it was too big and couldn’t be resized. I also thought it was a little too expensive? But I love French cuts, and in a perfect world I would have very long fingers with room for lots of stacking! (And lots of extra money lying around to spend on all these different bands I’m dreaming of)

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
I got this black gold Diamond band from Zina and I love it. Adds a little sparkle but doesn’t take away from my EC

WellsyBells

Rough_Rock
I got this black gold Diamond band from Zina and I love it. Adds a little sparkle but doesn’t take away from my EC

Thank you! I actually just got this antique band on Friday, I love it so much! ED14F8E7-F99A-49F1-BBAA-4D6078375DFF.jpeg

Attachments

• 55F837B1-6722-41C2-A6D3-2AE6DA1F4FEC.jpeg
    55F837B1-6722-41C2-A6D3-2AE6DA1F4FEC.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 29
  • CB17C0C4-939A-4ADE-8DD2-598912DDC041.jpeg
    CB17C0C4-939A-4ADE-8DD2-598912DDC041.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 27

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Love it. it is such a unique band and FWIW, i also think it works well!!! congrats

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
So classic and perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results