shape
carat
color
clarity

help with veil decision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

feepy5

Rough_Rock
I need help! Here is my dress: http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/5/88

I love, love, love the neckline and vintage look of the whole thing. I just don''t know what to do about a veil! I''m a little person (5''"2, 105 lbs) so dont'' want to be overwhelmed with material and more inportantly don''t want the neckline of the dress covered or hidden at all. Should I do a traditional veil? I have a very cute hairpiece with a small tulle flower with some whispy ostrich feathers that I was going to wear with my hair pulled back. I also have a birdcage veil but am not 100% sure if I can pull it off! What do you guys think would compliment this dress the best? I''m wearing long vintage- esq foux diamond pave earrings with a matching vintage bracelet, no necklace.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
birdcage would work.. or a flower like in the picture. Reese Witherspoon is petite just like you and she totally pulled one off in Sweet home Alabama... so don''t knock it, and say you cannot pull it off!
28.gif
Your dress is AWESOME by the way! LOVE IT!
36.gif

JR320

Shiny_Rock
First of all, I LOVE your dress.

Secondly, I think a bird cage veil would be great with it, esp. if you''re going for a vintage look.

I am also petite (5''2, 107 lbs) and my dress is fairly similar to yours. It has the empire waist with ruching, but mine has a sweatheart strapless neckline instead. I have the same concern as you about not wanting something overwhelming. I want something very sheer. I am thinking about having a mantilla style veil made (except with no lace edge) and have it put on a comb. Probably in finger tip length. I think something like that would be very pretty with your dress as well.

Good Luck!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
I think neatfreak has the same dress (she cut off the train though) and she wore a birdcage as well. Hope she doesn''t mind that I post her wedding photos linky here. She looked gorgeous in that dress and birdcage veil!

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 2:27:25 PM
Author: tlh
birdcage would work.. or a flower like in the picture. Reese Witherspoon is petite just like you and she totally pulled one off in Sweet home Alabama... so don''t knock it, and say you cannot pull it off!
28.gif
Your dress is AWESOME by the way! LOVE IT!
36.gif

Seconded! I vote for bird cage! :)

LindaLo

Rough_Rock
Your dress is just beautiful!! Another vote for the birdcage veil. It would be an elegant combination.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
My dress is a similar style, and I am wearing a birdcage veil and an ostrich feather fascinator (or at least that is my current plan. I feel I am biased, but I think either way would work. I also think if you are hesitant about that bold of a look, you could go with a real short blusher veil like this. I totally love this look, too!

Love your dress!

feepy5

Rough_Rock
Oh my I love love love her birdcage, does anyone know how to get in touch with someone directly here? I''d love to know where she got hers or if she was interested in selling it!!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going with everyone else and saying birdcage veil- it will look so vintage and glamorous!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Something like this where you can wear it over your face or pin it back would look great, I think.

PictureBHR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results