shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with these two sapphire rings

gigialgorithm

Rough_Rock
Hi experts! I’m very new to colored gemstone world and am learning a lot from you guys. I just discovered these two sapphire rings and they both are listed as unheated by the vendor with certificates in 14k settings. The center stones are both around 1.4ct to 1.5ct. Do you guys think these will be very dark in person? The vendor described these as royal blue. And I’m not sure what price range would be reasonable for these. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! ❤️

C4CE87CD-EBD9-426F-A8AE-21EA566A33FB.jpeg
6A50654F-12FC-4B78-91E4-27A5BA3812D1.jpeg

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Assuming that the photos are equally representative (no way to know without having them in hand), top one by a mile. Nicer blue, nicer halo. Bottom one may be crisper-looking sapphire but appears to be a much less desirable hue.

Note there is no reason to think that the vendors are displaying comparable integrity in the images they are sharing. Return policy is key. I'd need a good report for either.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Assuming that the photos are equally representative (no way to know without having them in hand), top one by a mile. Nicer blue, nicer halo. Bottom one may be crisper-looking sapphire but appears to be a much less desirable hue.

Note there is no reason to think that the vendors are displaying comparable integrity in the images they are sharing. Return policy is key. I'd need a good report for either.

Agree 100%

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Top looks much closer to royal, lacking a little of the saturation to be a true box ticker IMO. Royals tend to be dark - impossible to know how this will show up in different lights without more images / videos.

The bottom sapphire has a green modifier. And darker tone. Will likely black out. Not as nice to my eye.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one has a much nicer color, but I would want more pics in natural lighting. It looks like the ring is being flooded with light, which might make it appear lighter/more vibrant than it will actually look in person.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To add to all those above, you mentioned "certificates". What lab is it from?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just know that they will be smallish. It's hard to judge gemstones based on carat weight. Make sure you know the measurements of the sapphires. I had no clue when I started out, and thought 1.5 ct was huge in any stone. :oops2:

gigialgorithm

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for all your thoughts and opinions and they are very much appreciated. The certificates are from Chanthaburi gemological laboratory. The vendor is willing to provide a GIA certificate at the customer’s own cost. The measurements of the first one are 7.34x5.69x3.65. I also attached some hand shots from the vendor. Could you experts suggest the price range of the first one? Thanks for all your help!

4D5BFEA6-FFE7-47DF-8779-49C633785B61.jpeg
08E93977-37BF-4797-B72D-FAFEB4382D3A.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think both will look extremely dark in normal lights. It looks like the vendor is flooding the stone with tons of light in both (and possibly over-exposing the pics) and it still looks much darker on hand. Plus, you would need a lab report from a reputable lab.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Agree with the reputable lab bit other people are saying. If I am generously giving the vendor credit without proof that the sapphire is untreated, natural, I would estimate the first ring at no more than $3000 assuming 14k, as the diamonds are not super white, and I'm not entirely sure they're diamonds (2.5k if they're MMD or moissy side stones). The second ring I'd price at around half that price.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen this vendor on eBay I’m not so sure I trust their photography. Also I am not a fan of listing they have GIA certifications when they do not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results