shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with the HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robmora

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for a diamond for an engagement ring. I found one with the folowing specs:

Weight: 1.127 ct
Table: 54.6%
Depth: 61.8%
Crown: Angle : 35.2
Pavil: angle: 40.8
Culet: 0.4%
Girdle: 1.4% (0.9 - 1.9)
Sym and Pol: EX

This diamond grades as VERY GOOD on the HCA.... I''m a VERY picky person. I was hoping for a EXELLENT grade. I need help understanding the diference between VERY GOOD and EXELLENT...
Thank you,
R-

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The stone has very nice numbers and should be very brilliant... No problem on this one! I suggest you to check whiteflash.com and supercert.com to see more top performers!

robmora

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the comment. I would like to know if the price is right...

Color: D
Clarity: VVS1
Weight: 1.127 ct
Table: 54.6%
Depth: 61.8%
Crown: Angle : 35.2
Pavil: angle: 40.8
Culet: 0.4%
Girdle: 1.4% (0.9 - 1.9)
Sym and Pol: EX
Flourescence: None

PRICE: $12.700
any thoughts????

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that is one expensive 1.12c stone. Is there a particular reason you are focusing on a D color almost internally flawless VVS1 stone? You are most certainly paying extra $$ for the color and clarity. Did you know that you can get a VS1 or VS2 and it will look the same to the naked eye as a VVS1 unless you look at it under a microscope? Did you also know that you can get an E or F color and 99.9% of the population, probably including yourself, will not notice the difference between the D and the E/F? That is why they are all in the colorless range.

That said...here is a 1.15c excellent cut AGS0 D VVS1 for $12500. As you can see, this means that if you decide to go with D VVS1, the $12k price you got seems reasonable.
http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/1154dvvs1_ags3290303/index.htm

For comparison, here is a 1.11c excellently cut AGS0 E VVS2 for $9500, one color grade down from D and one clarity grade down from VVS1 and you save $3k. Wow.
http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/111evvs2_gia12224986/index.htm

Got $12k and just want to spend it on the biggest excellent stone you can find? Check out this excellently cut 1.48c F VS1 AGS 0 H&A for $11900.
http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/gia12356016/index.htm

Did you notice the extra .37c of weight you get on the last stone for the same $12k you want to spend on the 1.11c? Just thought I'd point it out. That's a HUGE difference in visual size when you are talking well cut.
2.gif

Oh and last but not least, all of those three stones all score under 2.0 on the HCA in the excellent range. You did say you were picky.

1.gif
Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results