shape
carat
color
clarity

help with summer wedding colors? red + ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE red and would love to do some sort of wedding color combo of red, chocolate brown, and champagne/gold.

But this feels like Fall and I''m getting married at the end of June! Anyone have pictures of ideas of how to make red feel more summery, but still elegant? We are getting married outside so very little decor needed, but the reception will be inside at this Spanish style inn. It feels like the type of place that should be covered with red bougainvilla. here is a pic of the dance floor and dinner will be held in a room adjourning this. I need ideas for flowers/table decor/linens. Only having a MOH so she is game for wearing anything except yellows don''t look so great on her.

i don''t like the color orange... and we tried to imagine red with a few blue accents and it was just too 4th of July.

thinking deep red with magenta, plus chocolate? Any other ideas or pics? i have been searching internet endlessly!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Here are a bunch I found

Red with Tiffany blue. Not 4th of July at all.

240973.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Red, chocolate brown and pink accents

2780967371_fe50ca196b.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Here is red with an extremely summery and elegant feel (sans the orange of course since you don't like orange)

6tjtykjtykk.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Red with black and white-a more formal style
Also, I found a link to projectwedding.com's red inspiration board pics
Here ya go! Linky

tyktykuykdsssg.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 12:11:41 AM
Author: princessplease
Here is red with an extremely summery and elegant feel (sans the orange of course since you don''t like orange)
yay! i love the red stripe in this picture
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think red and yellow could be very summery and also contribute to a Spanish feel (the flag colors are red and yellow, the saffron in paella is yellow, you could serve red and white (often golden in color) sangrias )

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 12:08:03 AM
Here are a bunch I found

I LOVE RED AND TIFFANY BLUE!!!!

there are so many ways to make this feel sort of "spanish"- this is my favorite color combo of all time.

my other suggestion would be red and goldenrod. ill look for pics.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
What about red with sunflower or pale yellow and tan/latte? Same colors, just lightened.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 12:43:51 AM
Author: charbie

Date: 9/19/2009 12:08:03 AM
Here are a bunch I found

I LOVE RED AND TIFFANY BLUE!!!!

there are so many ways to make this feel sort of ''spanish''- this is my favorite color combo of all time.

my other suggestion would be red and goldenrod. ill look for pics.
DITTO!!!! This is exactly what I was thinking when I read your post.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
We did our reception with turquoise, tan, and chocolate brown with red as an accent. I hope to have some photos soon, but I love it (and felt it was a little less used than tiffany blue).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like red and gold, particularly with a Spanish decor.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 2:57:00 PM
Author: katamari
We did our reception with turquoise, tan, and chocolate brown with red as an accent. I hope to have some photos soon, but I love it (and felt it was a little less used than tiffany blue).

Ohhh... I want to see pics with turq i love that! We were considering the red and tiff blue... but it just doesn''t feel right for the venue. I will try to post picture of the inside where there will be dancing/dinner.

I like the red with gold/ champagne. My family thinks I should just have my MOH were a summery black dress because the groom will be wearing tux. this way my white dress and red flowers are what stand out in all the pics. The background of pics will be lots of greenery. Then just red flowers with wrought iron candelabras for the reception tables.

I have been searching for red/gold on internet, but really prefer the softer yellow/champagne. Anyone find pics of this combo?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
this is the inside of venue. We would only put flowers and candles on fireplace... and maybe some flowers/vines hanging on the iron chandeliers. we can choose from 40 colors of linens... but thinking just go with basic ivory and let the red and ? colored flowers stand out as centerpieces.

i liked red roses mixed with peonies... but are peonies out of season by the end of June? We only want to do flowers in season to save $.

KICX4658laventas.jpg

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love the combination between red and tiffany blue.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i was going to say red and yellow but i''m not sure how well they will go with your venue, but those colors are quite summery to me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results