shape
carat
color
clarity

help with subway tile for bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lin

Rough_Rock
Hi. I am new to this forum. I am looking for a beveled white subway tile for my shower. I have found some locally, but all had problems. The Adex did not come with beveled bullnoses or beveled tile to use in the step up etc. The only matching floor tile for the shower they had was the one inch mosaic. I think that would look very "busy." I have seen the American Olean, and didn''t like it. The Daltile I only saw online, but I don''t think it has many listello choices, and I don''t think it''s beveled. I saw a beautiful one on an ad online, but when I contacted the company, they didn''t know what it was. I saw one by Ann Sachs online, but it did not seem to come with much in that line. Can anyone help. It seems like I''m never going to get this bathroom together.
Thanks so much.
Lin

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a "The Tile Store" in your city? Where do you live? They are awesome and have EVERYTHING there plus sample rooms so you can see how everything works together.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Now you have me drooling....I love subway tile....The daltile and american olean are not beveled....You might want to try WalkerZanger...Tileshop.com has beveled subway called Lanka Metro...not sure of the trim and listello pieces....Other thoughts are Stratfordtileworks.com which has a lot of choices...

I actually bought Adex and then sold it on ebay...the non-beveled does come with bullnose but the tiles are red underneath, and the red doesn't go to the tippy end...and I didn't like the trim options...I went with American Olean and Daltile (combined a nice chair rail piece from one and the flat subway from the other b/c the Daltile didn't have the matt chair rail)...

Oh, the Meridith Collection has tons of options, but not sure if it is beveled...

I LOVE subway tile!!!!

OH !!!!! WATERWORKS.COM MUST HAVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Just Checked!! They do!!! And their trim and listello pieces are STUNNiNg!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Subway tiles are my favorite, too!!! I wanted to put them in every room in my house when we were building it...DH held me back and we limited it to the kitchen backsplash only. I used Daltile matte. They aren''t beveled so I can''t help with that. But, good luck with your project.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
This is my little shower...Daltile and American Olean matt..not beveled
(b/c of shape of the room and the fact that it was built in the 20s...you can see the slight irregularity on the floor outside of the shower but a small rug covers it. I LOVE hex as well..I opted not to do it on the entire floor b/c #1 My contractor wasn't skilled and #2 the space is small) Those f'ers tend to shift so they are never perfect so if you're a perfectionist, don't do it....There iS a company that has 2" hex which will be less busy (I forget the name) and Subwaytile.com has 3" hex...

subbathroom.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
don''t mind the inside of the open closet to the left
32.gif

shr.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 6:40:53 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Do you have a ''The Tile Store'' in your city? Where do you live? They are awesome and have EVERYTHING there plus sample rooms so you can see how everything works together.

Opps, Dh just told me it is The Tile Shop (not store) like MMM mentioned. I love subway tiles as well. They seem to be popular now so you shouldn''t have any trouble finding what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results