shape
carat
color
clarity

Help With Shower Centerpiece Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Okay creative ladies, I need help coming up with some inexpensive centerpieces for my sister''s bridal shower.

So the theme is Mad Hatter Tea Party. In the picture below are the paper design and color I am using for the invites, a cake similar to what I have ordered (photoshoped to make the colors match), and lanterns that will hang around the room.

I want to incorporate the teapots into the centerpieces but they are somewhat small for the long 8-seater tables. I wanted to use bigger teapots like the ones Violet02 used for her wedding, but my sister likes these porcelein ones better. So I might put flowers in them but other than that I have no clue of what else I could put on the tables. Does anyone have any inexpensive ideas? I was thinking of apples because they would match the green, but I have no idea of how to display them.

Any thoughts?

mshowins.JPG

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Could you use multiple arrangements down the middle of the table? If you don't want to use multiple teapots, then you could have teacup arrangements too. You could go to thrift stores, garage sales, etc. They don't all have to match, but you can still stick to your color scheme.

teacup.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
You could display apples, flowers, whatever on a tiered tray and that would make a bigger impact. If you don't want to buy tiered trays, then you can make your own. You could glue together goblets or candlesticks and platters. I've done temporary ones by stacking my different sized plates and upside down bowls.

TeaParty.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I was just going to suggest using teacups as a flower vessel as well. You can stack books up to give different heights for the centerpieces. I, for one, thing books and tea go together. Maybe it has to do with my studying in college.

Looks like a super cute party Mia!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Also, you can use tea canisters for centerpiece flower holders:

6a00d83451e44269e201116855a1aa970c-800wi.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys for your help those are great ideas and a great place to start. Sorry it took me so long to respond I have had a miserable cold and am finally coming out of it!
Date: 2/9/2009 1:11:20 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Also, you can use tea canisters for centerpiece flower holders:
Lliang- Those are perfect and actually match the color scheme! Great idea with the books too! Books do go with tea and really go with a "Alice in Wonderland-ish" theme!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Also, what about hats to go with the Mad Hatter theme - you could use them right side up as decorations or turn upside down and put a small, plain vase hidden inside to hold more flowers. I bet you could get some fun ones for cheap at thrift stores
1.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Good one AG! I''ll have to see what I can find...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I love the suggestion of books, upside-down hats, and teapots for centerpieces. It seems like you are well on your way to creating some neat center pieces! Are you planning on assembling them yourself or having a florist do them? Can''t wait to see pics from this shower.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 11:06:58 AM
Author: Clairitek
I love the suggestion of books, upside-down hats, and teapots for centerpieces. It seems like you are well on your way to creating some neat center pieces! Are you planning on assembling them yourself or having a florist do them? Can''t wait to see pics from this shower.
No florists involved, this is completely DIY! (keeping costs down so DH doesn''t kill me!) The worst part is that this shower is going to be across the country so I am going to have to pull it all together when I get there. I''m just trying to be organzed and get as much done here as I can.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 7:32:21 PM
Author: mia1181
Good one AG! I'll have to see what I can find...

Always happy to help when I can. Check out your local Goodwill/Salvation Army type places - I always see tons of hats wandering past the ones in SF
1.gif

ETA: Burlington Coat Factory also had some fun, cheap hats last time I was in there, so that might be another good place to look.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:45:31 PM
I was just going to suggest using teacups as a flower vessel as well. You can stack books up to give different heights for the centerpieces. I, for one, thing books and tea go together. Maybe it has to do with my studying in college.

I love the books idea! I think I still have the martha stewart weddings issue (where i got my teapot idea from) that has books stacked up in the middle of the table with centerpieces on them. That would be super cute.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 1:40:26 AM
Author: violet02

Date: 2/9/2009 12:45:31 PM

I love the books idea! I think I still have the martha stewart weddings issue (where i got my teapot idea from) that has books stacked up in the middle of the table with centerpieces on them. That would be super cute.
Ooh I didn''t see the book idea before. I love that idea too! Especially playing with varied heights in the centerpieces.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results