shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Pendant Design?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Circe suggested that I start a new thread - thanks Circe!

I've decided to relinquish my 2.47 F IF Asscher in a Leon Mege split shank. I know - the horror of it! Complicated thing, but I haven't ever worn it. Instead I'd like to trade for a solitaire pendant (push present to myself). I'd love some help with choosing a setting!

What's important to me: I do not want a rabbit ears bale. I think I'd like to keep it clean - no bezels or halos. I don't want to wind up with the clasp in the front all the time. I don't want the diamond to flip. The chain must be strong enough to withstand an occasional yank from a very strong 7-month-old. I like the 17" length. Clean lines.

Does anyone have side view images of the Whiteflash 3-prong or 4-prong pendant settings? I love the C de Cartier setting. Roberto Coin is doing something similar for the Cento collection. Not sure if there's something similar out there.

I'd really appreciate some help. There have been some gorgeous solitaire pendants posted here. Lamentably, I'm totally challenged trying to search for old threads, so I'm sorry for the repetition. Please share your ideas! I'm ALL EYES. :geek:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
bump. Please help.....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you resetting the Asscher into a pendant or are you trading in for a round to set in a pendant? (I'm thinking the second
choice right?)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Missed you.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
tyty333 said:
Are you resetting the Asscher into a pendant or are you trading in for a round to set in a pendant? (I'm thinking the second
choice right?)
Right, hopefully getting a RB soon!

HARRIET! :wavey: Thanks! Long time no see. Any little ones in your life yet?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me?! I like kids only if I can return them to their parents.

I'll think about your pendant design. Yum yum.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly, huge congratulations on your new bubby starryeyed! :appl:

I don't have the WF Four Corners pendant, rather I had a replica made by my local jeweller. It doesn't flip at all, the stone in it is 8mm in diameter. I love the clean lines and simplicity of it!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Harriet said:
Me?! I like kids only if I can return them to their parents.

I'll think about your pendant design. Yum yum.

Thanks Harriet. I haven't kept up - you must have one heck of a collection by now! Any photos all in one place?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi DadiAndi - any pictures? What do you think keeps it from flipping?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Photos of my set pieces are on LM's site, including a French cut band. Meanwhile, I keep hoarding stones!

I've forgotten where you're located. I split my time between NY and South Beach now. Are you near either?

It's good to 'see' you again.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Harriet said:
Photos of my set pieces are on LM's site, including a French cut band. Meanwhile, I keep hoarding stones!

I've forgotten where you're located. I split my time between NY and South Beach now. Are you near either?

It's good to 'see' you again.
Great to see you too. :D

I know about the hoarding thing - hard to stop. I hoard Hanky Panky thongs currently. What are your plans for you collection? Will LM set them one by one?

I visit south FL twice a year - Christmas and Easter, Palm Beach area. I'm not sure my post-baby body can compete in Miami!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so WF sent me pictures of the 3- and 4-prong settings. I think the 3-prong is nice - I like the way the prongs curve under the stone, so they are minimized. Whaddaya think?

Empty Martini pendant.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
South Beach is less pretty than you think!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Harriet said:
South Beach is less pretty than you think!
I suppose it depends on with whom you associate and where you hang out. I worked in Miami for a while. Loved the Latin vibe.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the 3-prong. Nice and simple.

Ah, I'm not a night person.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I'm a huge fan of the 3 prong, I think it's so classic. I have one in a much smaller size (1/2 carat) and it doesn't flip. I have no idea about a large stone though...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Harriet said:
I like the 3-prong. Nice and simple.

Ah, I'm not a night person.
I'm not either, but the food, the drinks, the cha-cha, the Spanglish....I found it fun.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
FL Steph said:
I'm a huge fan of the 3 prong, I think it's so classic. I have one in a much smaller size (1/2 carat) and it doesn't flip. I have no idea about a large stone though...
Thanks for the input. Do you love your pendant?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
starryeyed said:
FL Steph said:
Thanks for the input. Do you love your pendant?

I do! I think it is understated enough to wear daily, but can be dressy enough to wear to an event as well.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks FL Steph! Do you ever worry about only 3-prongs? Or do you feel secure because platinum is so hard?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Star, do you mind if I ask the potential specs for your RB, in general. I haven't got a grasp on how big you're going. I like the look of the 3 prong, if anything, I would worry about the integrity of the chain. What length chain are you going for?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
lyra said:
Star, do you mind if I ask the potential specs for your RB, in general. I haven't got a grasp on how big you're going. I like the look of the 3 prong, if anything, I would worry about the integrity of the chain. What length chain are you going for?
2-carat RB. 17".

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a gorgeous stone! When is it suppose to be done? Definitly need some neck shots!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
tyty333 said:
Thats a gorgeous stone! When is it suppose to be done? Definitly need some neck shots!
Hi tyty. :wavey: Thanks. The asscher needs to be evaluated by the lab first, which can apparently take up to 2 weeks. I'm sure I'll be chomping at the bit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results