shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with paint colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Due to recent employment status, all of my big remodeling is on hold. But, I''d like to finish my bedroom and all it''ll take is some paint!! I need help figuring out a color. My bedding is black and white toile (very traditional) and I have black furniture and red accents (drapes, lamp shades, pictures, etc). I''m leaving the woodwork plain for now. It''s medium wood tone that I will eventually make quite dark. The master bath is currently lavendar and green and I''d like to stay somewhat in step with that, although that will change eventually too. Some days I think I want the bedroom hot and ready for action, others I just want it to be calm and relaxing. My thoughts so far are:

--3 white walls and 1 deep purple behind the bed (I really like purple and red together, and I figure I could easily change the accents to greens, blues, etc. But, would it be too much going on ??)

--pale blue for all walls (again easily change out the accents and it would be relaxing, but would it lend itself too much towards a "country" feel)

--mid-gray with undertones of blue or purple (my thought is that it would be sophisticated and any color in the room would really pop. I don''t know if I could live in a gray room though. Would it seem dark and cold??)

I''m really hoping all the interior designers will help with this and of course, any other ideas are WELCOME!!! TIA!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My first reaction was a grey tone.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, italia. Any ideas on how to keep the gray from going corpse? Should I just add more wall art and plants??

Erin

Ideal_Rock
This is a picture when I first moved in but I love my room color. It''s a purplish grey. I don''t feel blah at all in there. In fact it feels very lunar and calm.

greylavbedroom.JPG

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Get a flat or egg shell paint...it will look less clinical if it isn't reflective.

Grey is actually really claming to eye, and soothing...so if you get the right depth of grey, it's an amazing look.

Don't worry about the "undertones" so much. Unlike with warm vs. cool shades and colors, grey is just a shade on its own and it is "cool" by nature--think silver, gun metal, you're never going to have warmth there. So, don't over think it...go on gut. How does that color make you feel?

Personally, I like a deeper grey. I like it with lavender and white.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely gray.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I''m going with a gray with a bit of blue in it. (I had to go towards a blue because of the wood work and I don''t want to feel like I''m living with elephants.)

1.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Periwinkle looks surprisingly great with toile.

f-d-l

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results