shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with necklace setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This possibly belongs in the jewellery forum, but I figured it would get more traffic here! I''m in the process of sourcing a cushion or round stone to set in a necklace. I would like it set into a necklace, stationary on the chain, just like Dreamgirl''s gorgeous Tiffany piece:

Dreamgirlspurdy.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know if JUST the setting is able to be purchased? With or without the chain, if not that can be sorted out later. I''d like yellow gold. Thanks!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've found a stone, it's an 8mm round pink Tourmaline that I plan to set into this style of necklace.

Anybody?
41.gif
Whiteflash's 'Four Corners' would be perfect in YG, but it says they don't ship them internationally. Does anyone know of anything similar?

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Where are you located?

You could probably bring the image to any jeweler and ask if they could duplicate it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to be fairly simple but attention must be paid to the details. It''s a simple basket with the chain attached to the 2 ends and slightly pointy prongs. The attachment has to be done at the right spot and angled correctly so that it minimizes the flipping.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey dandi,
*I think* WF will set your gem for you in that setting - what they mean by that is they don't ship their settings empty,
I think to protect the integrity of the design/what goes in it, kwim? Is that the policy you're referring to?
I'm sure your lovely pink gem is more than worthy!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh I see, thanks aj, I wasn''t sure on that. I just clicked on the necklace ''Setting Only'' and it said ''Not For International Shipping''. They must just mean shipping an empty setting.

Thanks Chrono and Barcelona, I think that''s the route I''ll need to take! I''m sure a local jeweller could to it (I''m in Australia), how hard could it be??
41.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ is correct that the statement only means that WF will not ship an empty setting. When I saw that, I was concerned too but in talking with the rep, she clarified that they have no problem setting the stone in their setting and THEN shipping it to me.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any pics of the tourmaline that you plan to set there?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaahhhh, capice!! Thankyou for clarifying that for me, Chrono! Much appreciated xx

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 8:35:38 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Any pics of the tourmaline that you plan to set there?
Yup!
9.gif
I just received one from Barry!
36.gif

AndisPreedyTourmFromBarry.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 8:42:15 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Aaaahhhh, capice!! Thankyou for clarifying that for me, Chrono! Much appreciated xx
You are welcome. Barry''s stone looks to be quite pretty. Have you decided which setting to go with?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve printed a picture of WFs Four Corners setting and will shop around a few jewellers on having it, or something very similar made in yellow gold. Yayy!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results