shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with inclusion please

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I’m upgrading my studs, I’ve choose a G Si1 stone but then today a new stock came up, same size, F Si1 with $250 difference.
I’ve reserved it because its a no brainer, off course I’ll choose F color with that price. However after I reserved it I noticed that the inclusion looks bad in the picture. Will it compromise the diamond integrity? Its a Feather, Si1 and that position, should I take this one? Or should I stick with the G color? The G also not a really perfect one but if I can’t see it I’m fine, I don’t need a mind clean for clarity. In their website it doesn’t say that its eye-clean. I already ask my SA but this is weekend, I’ll get the answer on Monday, so I thought I’m asking about your opinion here. Thank you in advance!!!!!

CC8F35D2-4859-4BA1-9146-69A11D8EFB30.jpeg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
pls link the grading report.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Im headed to bed so going to answer without the report.
If there is not a cavity listed and the girdle is reasonable I think the feather is ok from a durability stand point but have the vendor look at it and see if its eyeclean and give you their opinion on the feather.

chrispganet

Rough_Rock
It looks like that it's better SI1 stone, the small feather on crown near girdle can be hidden in prongs of your studs (if you're going for prong setting)and after that, nobody can even judge the diamond as SI1, it'll look like VS clarity. I don't think the another one (G color) cant be better than this. Looks like you should grab it.

However, i am only recommending this one by the inclusion. I am obviously not knowing color, cut and other aspects.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
The certificate only stated Feather and nothing else, not even cloud and surface graining note. The cut is good, color is good, I only worry about the inclusion. 86F72876-3435-4703-8EB7-8DAC32F9B36A.jpeg

nojs

Shiny_Rock
I know some people will just say that feathers are cracks and should be avoided. But I prefer them in low clarity stones since they are almost always eye clean and provide great value.

I wouldn’t worry about durability issues either unless the griddle is very thin.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone link says "Inquire"?

Can you put the stone on hold (and the G) and provide the links to both?

Edit...in general, this inclusion would not bother me for an earring but it kind of depends on what else is available also.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How large is the diamond?

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
The stone link says "Inquire"?

Can you put the stone on hold (and the G) and provide the links to both?

Edit...in general, this inclusion would not bother me for an earring but it kind of depends on what else is available also.
Yes, it says “Inquire”. 2 weeks ago I already bought the 0.9 G Si1 the inclusion is not great for the G too but as long as its eyeclean I don’t mind. I keep on looking because the other pair was H which I actually want F/G Si1 but no availability. So I keep on a watch if there’s anything better popping out. I changed the H VS2 to F VS2 which cost a lot more. To keep the budget down I can’t get another F VS2. And they don’t have any other F Si1/VS2, I don’t want G VS2 for the cost lol :lol:Then yesterday afternoon this F Si1 came up. So my only option is keeping the G Si1 I bought or change to this F Si1 which doesn’t have inclusion on the table but the inclusion that I circle looks quite scary for me.

How large is the diamond?
0.9ct

Last edited:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would buy the F and put the tiny inclusion under a prong. I love the 55% table and 34.8% crown. I think the color “upgrade” would make me tolerate that tiny inclusion.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I would buy the F and put the tiny inclusion under a prong. I love the 55% table and 34.8% crown. I think the color “upgrade” would make me tolerate that tiny inclusion.
If it doesn’t affect the integrity I would love to do that too because the color difference and the G being Si1 with inclusion on the table too. Cut wise, the G also is really good!!!!! With both I don’t sacrifice cut one over another.
This is the cut for the G:
I love 15.5 Crown% and other specs, for the cut I prefer the G but its only tiny difference that I can let it slide.
03D9A3D4-E2EA-4CA7-8815-1BDE061441C8.jpeg

the only question is the inclusion...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it says “Inquire”. 2 weeks ago I already bought the 0.9 G Si1 the inclusion is not great for the G too but as long as its eyeclean I don’t mind. I keep on looking because the other pair was H which I actually want F/G Si1 but no availability. So I keep on a watch if there’s anything better popping out. I changed the H VS2 to F VS2 which cost a lot more. To keep the budget down I can’t get another F VS2. And they don’t have any other F Si1/VS2, I don’t want G VS2 for the cost lol :lol:Then yesterday afternoon this F Si1 came up. So my only option is keeping the G Si1 I bought or change to this F Si1 which doesn’t have inclusion on the table but the inclusion that I circle looks quite scary for me.

0.9ct

I would check with the vendor but in a diamond that size, I would think most of that inclusion could be covered with a prong. Earrings don’t come under such close scrutiny as rings do.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you saying that you now have one F and the new G SI1 and are thinking about exchanging the G for this F SI1?

I prefer VS2 generally, but that is one clean SI1. I also don't like feathers, but that looks SO tiny and the stones will be on your ears! So as long as the vendor sees no issue in setting it, I'd say it's a great option! I'd far rather have my colors matching!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Are you saying that you now have one F and the new G SI1 and are thinking about exchanging the G for this F SI1?

I prefer VS2 generally, but that is one clean SI1. I also don't like feathers, but that looks SO tiny and the stones will be on your ears! So as long as the vendor sees no issue in setting it, I'd say it's a great option! I'd far rather have my colors matching!

Now I have F/VS2 and G/Si1. They only have F/VS1 right now which is overkill for studs (and also my wallet) :lol:
I’ll wait for my SA reply on Monday then =)2 Glad to know that everyone here is on favor of this stone.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, I think the SI1 will be ok for studs. Unlike E-rings the chances of your studs hitting your car door jam are very slim. :lol: If you gonna chip a diamond it'll most likely be hitting your finger on your car door.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Munchee, I see you just did your studs purchase in March. If you bought the new settings then, you need to email them tomorrow if you want to return the stock settings and order custom crown settings. I think they’re stock settings have a 30 day return policy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing is, if you plan to upgrade again, I don’t recommend making custom settings. Only do that for your final pair.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Munchee, I see you just did your studs purchase in March. If you bought the new settings then, you need to email them tomorrow if you want to return the stock settings and order custom crown settings. I think they’re stock settings have a 30 day return policy!

Thank you for replying to me @diamondseeker2006
So I have an update about the whole studs upgrade situation. Back in Mid March I got my 1.8ctw studs, which I posted in show me your studs thread. As I wrote in that thread, after a day it irritated my ears. After close inspection and some insight from PSers, I found that its because the donut which pushed the studs deeper and also shorter post, these combination caused the studs to squeeze into my earlobe and causing irritation. So I contacted WF, and told them about my situation along with post length comparison picture. I told them I think if I just send it back and get a new setting which at that point I don’t know what can be done, I feel bad if I just send it back. So I told them, let me get a bigger pair and make me a new setting. What can be done? What is my option? And they told me they can’t remove the donut because it won’t be sturdy enough. So my options were:
1. Umbrella settings like their 8prongs but with 6prongs.
2. 6 prongs with donut but with longer post.
3. Stuller 6 prongs.

I don’t like option no. 1 and 3, so I take option no.2
I tried the 1.8ctw with friction back pushed all the way to the back, it didn’t irritate my ears because I got some breathing space, however due to short post, its actually not safe enough because the backs are too close to the end. I think longer post will solve the irritation problem. Eventho wearing it like this its actually a little bit droppy, I thought that was my best option. I don’t feel good involving third party to make the setting and I want the least effort. The custom setting that you post in other thread is really beautiful!!!!!! I really love it!!!
Oh btw, the newer pair will be 2.11ctw F SI1. I actually don’t really love the cut of one of the pair, but I really can’t put any more $$$ on this, so I don’t have any other options. I’m ok with G too but sadly they don’t have a G Si1 eyeclean, they only have VS2 which cost more than the F I got. I was thinking to change it to 2.2ctw H VS2 which cost $1-300 below 2.11ctw pair. But I refrain myself to change it because I want to put this to bed. Already too much drama for an upgrade lol. I’ve sent my 1.8ctw back today, I’m expecting to get 2.11ctw on 4/8.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing is, if you plan to upgrade again, I don’t recommend making custom settings. Only do that for your final pair.
No such thing as your "final pair" :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results