shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with ideas near chicago, NY, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jnt

Rough_Rock
I am getting ready to propose. I have the ring being made (yes its a knock out).

Now what I need to know is some decent ideas in either NYC or Chicago. Outside of the carriage ride, boat ride, gardens. Basically romantic restaurants or specific places in the city where we could go and be alone. Somewhere memorable that will be around for awhile.

This will be incorporated into a weekend of us doing fun stuff, ie, visiting museums, doing carriage rides, staying at a nice hotel, eating out, maybe going to a show, I am just having a difficult time finding "the place".

Thanks...and yes, I have already read all the suggestions in this forum...

jnt

Rough_Rock
anyone, bueller?

Ok, will get picts of the ring too soon (gotta brag, I designed it). It's basically a .78 round Fancy Intense Yellow SI1, Depth 60.3, table 65%, light floresence. Natural color per GIA cert.

Set in a very small setting. width of the band calipers to 2.1x around, 5 .01 stones in each side bead set, holding the stone is a basket 4 split-prongs tapering to the center to allow for a wedding band up against it. There are 2 stones in each side of the basket.

The individual making the ring had some specific parameters to deal with as this gal has to wear latex gloves for work, so we don't want it poking through. Excellent job was done-the stone sits very low.

She did not want a large stone. Several stones were viewed up to 2 carets, she has very small hands, I settled on an intensly colored smaller stone.

Things learned-round colored diamonds are tough to find. The store I purchased the stone from had some incredible diamonds in their inventory-blues, pinks, etc. She really wanted a blue diamond...but, hey, that is a house to me.

So, how to pop the question????

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
We're really not ignoring you! It's just that there was another thread started very recently asking about good places in Chicago. I think there was a Chicago native that gave some very good suggestions. Other than those listed, I really don't know of any places in Chicago.

I'm on the west coast so I can't really help, but I know there are a lot of east coast folks that frequent this board. I'm sure they'll be chiming in soon.

TinLemon

Rough_Rock
Ok... I'll chim in with a few NYC ideas..

The first idea is that in Central Park there is a man who "captains" an authentic italian gondola in the lake.... I saw it on the Travel Channel. There is only one person who does this, so it might be worth pre-arranging this. Maybe you could take a carriage ride and surprise her with a stop at the lake to get the boat ride.
Brief info: http://www.mustseenewyork.com/attractions/central-park-boathouse.html
http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile?id=11350672

The second idea is that you could take a water taxi over to Brooklyn (Fulton Ferry Landing stop), where right under the Brooklyn Bridge you get one of the BEST views of the NYC skyline. There is a small pier where the boat pulls into, and while I was there I must've seen about 5 seperate wedding parties taking post-wedding photos. To the side of the pier is a quiet park you can walk through. The area is very safe, and quite pleasant to walk around in... especially on a nice day.
Here is the water taxi website:
http://www.nywatertaxi.com/

If I think of more, I'll post it up.

guardvan

Rough_Rock
Check out this thread for ideas I mentioned concerning chicago. Hope it helps!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/proposal-ideas-chicago.16080/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results