shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with halo on a cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
I just received a 1.19 ct cushion ering that is absolutely beautiful. A local jeweler is making the micropave halo setting and matching wedding bands. The only thing is that the diamond is probably L color according to the jeweler. It doesn''t look yellow by itself, but next to white diamonds it looks very yellow. He''s going to look for similar colored sidestones so the the center doesn''t look as yellow; however, I started thinking that I might like the halo to have yellow stones, but still set in white gold. Does anyone have any pictures or thoughts?

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
check out this link. it was a few pictures of white diamonds with yellow halos.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2006 3:08:59 PM
Author:ScubaStog
I just received a 1.19 ct cushion ering that is absolutely beautiful. A local jeweler is making the micropave halo setting and matching wedding bands. The only thing is that the diamond is probably L color according to the jeweler. It doesn't look yellow by itself, but next to white diamonds it looks very yellow. He's going to look for similar colored sidestones so the the center doesn't look as yellow; however, I started thinking that I might like the halo to have yellow stones, but still set in white gold. Does anyone have any pictures or thoughts?
you might be able to source the lower colored stones from wink - I wanted L or M melee for my J stone but then I hit the quandry of do I want them H&A or do I want them to be the right color, and cut won out lol www.winkjones.com

eta - by lwoer color I don't mean "yellow" I just mean melee that won't have such contrast :)

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
Thanks, any thoughts of whether the yellow halo will help the center stone look less yellow?

ring06221984b.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say that I just LOVE your setting. How neat to have a 6 prong instead of 4. Where may I ask did you get your setting? Did you want 6 prongs? I think your cushion is lovely.

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
Thanks, by boyfriend, now fiance, I have to get used to that term... :) bought it on ebay and that''s the setting that they put it in for him. He knew I wanted a micro pave halo setting and wanted to let me pick it out... I can find out the jeweler''s name and info if you are interested. The cut is really nice... it has a lot of sparkle that isn''t captured by the camera. I don''t like the 6 prong because I think it makes it look like an oval, I love ovals, but really wanted to show off the cushion.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Cool.
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2006 4:05:49 PM
Author: ScubaStog
Thanks, by boyfriend, now fiance, I have to get used to that term... :) bought it on ebay and that''s the setting that they put it in for him. He knew I wanted a micro pave halo setting and wanted to let me pick it out... I can find out the jeweler''s name and info if you are interested. The cut is really nice... it has a lot of sparkle that isn''t captured by the camera. I don''t like the 6 prong because I think it makes it look like an oval, I love ovals, but really wanted to show off the cushion.
I''m glad you said this because I was thinking the same thing. I love ovals too but the last thing I want is for m cushion to look oval LOL I won''t even entertain the 6 prong thoughts.... even if they were oriented differently that would mean putting a prong right in the middle of my huge side facets and I really don''t want that!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to add that cushions IMO are the most flexible stone you can get - colorwise. Because they are an antique cut - generally speaking - they can ''get away'' with all sorts of color fluctuations. They can be set in white halos or yellow halos or matching halos.... the thing with ''low color'' stones is you just have to embrace them for what they are - and they are beautiful :) You might not want a lower colored asscher or emerald, but the cushions just accept all hues IMO.

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
UPDATE:

Here''s the final result, the jeweler set the cushion in 14kt white gold, with 70 round brilliant 100 pt J colored diamonds in a micropave setting. I''m extremely happy with the final result.

ring020907.jpg

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very nice. Congrats on a lovely setting choice.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2006 3:08:59 PM
Author:ScubaStog
I just received a 1.19 ct cushion ering that is absolutely beautiful. A local jeweler is making the micropave halo setting and matching wedding bands. The only thing is that the diamond is probably L color according to the jeweler. It doesn''t look yellow by itself, but next to white diamonds it looks very yellow. He''s going to look for similar colored sidestones so the the center doesn''t look as yellow; however, I started thinking that I might like the halo to have yellow stones, but still set in white gold. Does anyone have any pictures or thoughts?
No pictures - but one thought... I''m pretty sure wink jones can source melee that is lower in color - I have a J stone and have been looking for lower colored melee myself. I was hoping for K/L melee for my J ring but I''m torn between having the right color, and having an H&A cut OR single cut stones... it''d be hard enough to find single cuts, I couldn''t really be too picky over color.... and the H&A to my understanding only goes down to H-J but I wouldn''t rule it out entirely without talking to wink.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 12:14:04 PM
UPDATE:

Here''s the final result, the jeweler set the cushion in 14kt white gold, with 70 round brilliant 100 pt J colored diamonds in a micropave setting. I''m extremely happy with the final result.
BAHAHAHA - I started going through your thread and thinking, dejavous! Congrats!! gonna take some more looks now :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful design - can you take like oh - 30 more pictures including ones outside and post them on smtr? :)

<~ the power of suggestion haha

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
what is smtr?

I will post more pics and get the specs if ya''ll are interested.

For people looking on a custom setting- I was able to have the setting made for $1,250 from Beje Designs in New Orleans, they were great!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s lovely, congrats!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 5:26:24 PM
what is smtr?

it''s the Show Me The Ring forum...the ring is beautiful, definitely need more pics..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting came out fantastic! Really, really beautiful. Definitely start another thread with a ton of pictures in SMTR!

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!! MORE PICS!!!

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
I''ll work on it this weekend. Thanks, also, any suggestions on where I can find a wedding band pictured with a similar ring, there is enough space under stone for it to sit flush against the e-ring (that was one of my specific requests) but I don''t know if I want it to be the same width and stones as the e-ring, or with something a little different... would love to see some pics

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
here's some more shots... I had to take advantage of my valentine's day bouquet! And don't ask me how I got it to sparkle like that!

psering0001.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think I would do a yellow halo necessarily, but I would have them try to find melee in that color range. (And by that color range I mean in the range of your center stone)

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
another one... the little balls on the bottom are to keep the ring from spinning, they were defintely worth the $40 and 2 hours without the ring at a local jewelry store

psering0002.jpg

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
another one

psering0003.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautifully!!! I really love the thin halo and the melee colors blend very nicely! Congratulations on your new and improved setting!

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
last one

psering0004.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2007 5:04:21 PM
another one
This is a really nice shot of your ring. My favorite so far. Shows of the setting and the stone.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results